THAR SHE BLOWS!!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puff Daddy

Reaction score
40 mph winds!! Heavy rains!! The storm door, she's a open :poncho:

Californians are a spoiled lot, I know. One good blow a year and we get all giddy about it. This would be just another yawner to you midwest boys but here in the land of "Me" ( reference to the California trait of the modern yuppie to be so completely self involved that the delaying of getting to work by 5 minutes is considered a personal crisis) this is a life halting act of God :affraid: People will still drive 75 mph and smashed cars will litter the highways today, power will go out putting a halt to personal entertainment and people all across the state will stare at the walls unsure of what to do now :| :lol!: Water will fill the streets and expensive shoes will be ruined, stirring a rash of lawsuits over the monetary and psychological damages. Someone will sue God for mismanaging a natural resource. Hungry people will pour into Starbucks for coffee and muffins only to find that it takes electricity to make double decaf frappathingos too, and the free Wifi won't work either :( The red cross will be summoned to bring iced coffee, croissants and charged ipods. The Governator will declare a state of exasperation.

I'm going to go for a walk, I like it and we need the rain 8)

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Puff Daddy.

BUT, consider this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the rain will muddy up that Watt Avenue riffle and put down the steelhead.

Something spiritual about being IN the river during a rain storm, rightfully questioning your lack of sanity, freezing your ass off.

Set the hook,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,pass the Brothers!

Perhaps one of the funniest things I've read in a long time. Good stuff!

thomas james":nrmq27ez said:
Something spiritual about being IN the river during a rain storm, rightfully questioning your lack of sanity
I don't have to go to such extremes to bring my sanity into question :lol:

The river's been too low and clear, poor fishing. This shot of water should make things better.

Standing midstream passing the Brothers is almost as good as the fishing 8)

News on the net said this one's a wingdinger,mudslides,30 foot tide,whiteout in the mts.....you guys still there???
Tony

Sierra foothills, 100 miles south of Puff Daddy, holding it's own.

Wife is getting a little anxious. Once I reminded her that we survived quite a few backpack trips and still have the gear, she settled down. They weren't all good weather summer jaunts either.

Imported peanut butter cookies and Montana smoked Kokanee will sustain us if need be. Abominable snowman protection provided by faithful Border Collie, Ty.

Hunker down and :sleep: through it.

:flower: 's to come shortly.

Stay warm and safe all.

The worst is past us (maybe not Tom's place yet) and the winds hit near 60 mph. Never lost power here, but a pine tree went down and smashed a car parked next to mine, missing mine by only a few feet. Another tree right next to my back door, about 60 foot tall, is being topped right now. The ground all around it is moving as the thing sways, pretty ugly.

Now the flooding begins :|

You guys are starting to have Washington weather. :lol:

Puff Daddy":6vpyb492 said:
Someone will sue God for mismanaging a natural resource.
:lol!: Too funny! :lol!:

Make sure your tobacco cellar is battened down, or move it to high ground, and don't use your Dunhills for bailing!

showme

No worries Showme, I'm smoking my Dunhill as I sit here trying to look professorial as I make a show of watching the tree guy ["Careful there, watchout for that doohickey over there"]

2.9 inches of rain in downtown Sacramento today. A good heavy rain for us is like half an inch.

We were without power until about 3:45. It was out before I woke up this morning. Still have clocks to reset.

No TV, no heat (need electricity to spin the fan), no computer. The kids were beside themselves :lol:.

We ran a few errands.

On the other hand, I wasn't able to make anything fun for dinner. Nor was I able to spend any time in the shop. I didn't want to open the fridge or freezer and let out the cold. Not sure what we're eating tonight. Probably going to be lazy and go out.

Get some KFC Joel, you deserve it and the kids will think it's a special occasion :D

Finger lickin good :pig:

KFC? (where's the icon of a head throwing up?)

More likely we'll go to the local pizza joint.

LMAO, JD! Hilarious!

"One good blow a year and we get all giddy about it."

Hell, if I could get one, I'd be giddy with ya, bruthah!

Well,I think I've accounted for most of you guys,between here and the happy landing thread.Net says over a million without power,over the radio,I heard 10' of snow would fall in the mountains while I was driving to the dojo.
Hunker down,y'all.Storms can be a real pain...
Tony

:lol: I sure am glad Mr. Pease' baccy resides across the nation from him....sounds like all of Californie is getting weather!

Tony,

Thanks for your concern. It looks like this one has passed. I hear more is coming throughout the week. PD was right,,,,,,,,,,,,,,we here in Calisillyland don't really know what real weather is about. Guys in the midwest and east coast would wear short sleeves here and laugh at us,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,rightfully.

How high's the water Momma,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,she said it's three feet high and risin.

J. Cash, RIP.

To give you an idea of how mild our climate is, rain subsided so I just went out to check on my truck since I parked it around the corner. I wore sandals and pajamas, no coat, was out for about 10 minutes, not at all cold. Kind of mild and muggy actually, very nice out 8)