That time of year already?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrT999

Staff member
Council Member
Reaction score
I understand stores stocking non-perishable Thanksgiving and Christmas stuff as soon as November 1, not to mention things like stuffing mixes, etc. But to sell things like Egg Nogg (with an expiration date of just before Thanksgiving)? But what made me shake my head was a radio station that's been playing all Christmas music for some days! I like Christmas music, but I will not be listening to it until a LOT closer to Christmas! Despite a mention of polls, I don't see how to create one as an option these days, so how do you feel? Too soon altogether? Ok to plan but too soon to dive fully into the season? Totally wait until at least after Thanksgiving? Bah Humbug?

Yep, I agree!! Way too early for Christmas music, decorations, foods, etc. SiriusXM has already pumped out their Christmas music stations. Pizzes me off because they dump the "40's" channel for Holiday Traditions. I ain't listening to Xmas music until later in December!! Bah, Humbug!!!!!! FTRPLT

Yep, I agree!! Way too early for Christmas music, decorations, foods, etc. SiriusXM has already pumped out their Christmas music stations. Pizzes me off because they dump the "40's" channel for Holiday Traditions. I ain't listening to Xmas music until later in December!! Bah, Humbug!!!!!! FTRPLT
I'd rather listen to 40s music more than Christmas music 50 weeks out of the year. :cool:

I understand stores stocking non-perishable Thanksgiving and Christmas stuff as soon as November 1, not to mention things like stuffing mixes, etc. But to sell things like Egg Nogg (with an expiration date of just before Thanksgiving)? But what made me shake my head was a radio station that's been playing all Christmas music for some days! I like Christmas music, but I will not be listening to it until a LOT closer to Christmas! Despite a mention of polls, I don't see how to create one as an option these days, so how do you feel? Too soon altogether? Ok to plan but too soon to dive fully into the season? Totally wait until at least after Thanksgiving? Bah Humbug?
Yep they burn you out on the holiday before it even gets here. Last year I was supporting one of our operations up near Saginaw, MI. I lived in the tourist town of Frankenmuth (themed Christmas village) for essentially two months starting in November. I was so up to my neck with XMAS crap, music, food, etc. that I couldn't wait for it to be over.

I'm good with any time after Thanksgiving for Christmas stuff. And agree when they start to early then by the time christmas actually hits in anyway tired of it. Fortunately I haven't seen any of it yet since there is not much decoration or English radio stations or here

I guess electricity costs aren't high enough. But I say that about gas prices too. A lot of complaining, but not much adjusting or re-evaluating. It also goes to show you how powerful group think is and the power of suggestion. All it takes is one person in a neighborhood to fall for it, and then the rest of the houses start to feel the pressure.