That was fast!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corncobcon

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I placed an order Saturday morning from Sp.com for EGR blend and McLintock Black Cherry tobacco using the least expensive priority mail shipping. To my surprise, it was in my mail box yesterday! I wasn't expecting it until later in the week! Now why can't that happen all the time?! :cheers:

In the not too distant future I can see products arriving in your mailbox even before you order them. Somewhere someone is working on it, and what a brave new world it will be! 8)

Richard Burley":874sbdtf said:
In the not too distant future I can see products arriving in your mailbox even before you order them. Somewhere someone is working on it, and what a brave new world it will be!  8)  
Can you say Amazon? :twisted:

So, if I put my right index finger on a picture of the item I want and then put my left index finger on the tip of my nose, the item should appear right in front of me when I tap my right foot 2 times. Right? :scratch: :roll:

Corncobcon":26uj2rb4 said:
So, if I put my right index finger on a picture of the item I want and then put my left index finger on the tip of my nose, the item should appear right in front of me when I tap my right foot 2 times.  Right? :scratch: :roll:
Yup. :cheers:

I've talked to a few folks that use Amazon prime. Several times if they looked at an item often enough, it ends up shipped to them. Crazy good algorithms in today's online vendor's software! Even smoking pipes has begun to make rather good selection suggestions to me of late.

Fascinating.....

“That was fast…..” How the hell did I get to be 75? At this age, PAD and TAD become irrelevant. I have more tobacco than I’m going to live to smoke, and I like the tobaccos I have. I also have many pipes — all of which I like — and only smoke three of them. More to the point, I’ve been married over 50 years, and if I buy more tobacco or another pipe, SWMBO will make me regret having done so.

75 is in my rear view. Of course I have more tobacco than I'll ever smoke and 80+ pipes, of which I smoke the most recent five that I've bought; all maple and $20.00 each. This would have been 45 years for my marriage, but cancer took my wife almost 14 years ago. I may buy more tobacco, if I'm curious about a blend, but probably not. I like what I'm smoking today, but next week I may decide everything I have is squat. LOL
I was a fortunate man. My wife never questioned anything I purchased. Nor did I ever question her about her purchases. We lived modestly, but comfortably.
My daughters, at some point, will deal with the tobacco and pipes. I think the tobacco will go in a dumpster, the pipes in a box on my driveway, "Your choice $2.00, 3 for $5.00"

We celebrated 45 years of marriage less than 2 weeks ago. I'll be 68 in about 2 months. Have enough pipes but would like to try a couple more tobaccos after my cellar lightens up a bit more.

Hope I get to spend a few years as a retired individual. SWMBO says we're working until we're 70. My dad died at 58 and mom is still kicking at 87 so I'm wondering whose genetics are dominant in me.

So far, life is good!