The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

puros_bran

Reaction score
The 1st Anny Ken Collins Exchange.

1. As a gift, you may send any pipe-related item and/or cigar related item. With respect to pipe tobacco, the minimum is 150 grams of tinned tobacco or eight ounces of bulk tobacco or a pre-packed sampler that many B&M smoke shops and online vendors are offering for the holidays. (Personally, one year I received several of those 2oz size Mason jars of well aged tobaccos. Packed very well. But I cannot recommend glass containers for shipping.) If you give an estate pipe, be kind enough to clean it up and sanitize the bit. Any other items, such as, lighters, pouches, racks, tampers, new pipes, or even T-shirts & hats, are good ideas. With respect to cigars, the minimum will be 3/5 quality handmade cigars or any 5 or more cigar sampler that many B&M smoke shops and online vendors are offering. Cigar related accessories such as cigar carriers, humidors, lighters, ashtrays and so on are also acceptible. Yes, you can mix and match tins and stogies if that is what you wish to give. Bear in mind this isn't a maximum, most give more than this, but from past experiance I can honestly say its not what you get but what you give.

2. With respect to tobaccos, please try to stay within the preferred category that will be provided in the e-mail you will be receiving from me. There's no sense sending a sweet aromatic to someone that usually smokes heavy latakia mixtures and vice versa. With respect to cigars, the qualifiers might be size and strength. Check the Tobacco section for reviews, or the "What are you smoking?" threads for ideas.

3. Please mail your package in time, so your recipient will receive it by May 1

.4. Please do not ask me to assign someone in particular to be your recipient.

5. Please use Priority mail with delivery confirmation, or UPS, fedex,dhl so the package can be traced if needed. It is okay to have your gift drop-shipped, to your recipient, from an online vendor, such as www.smokingpipes.com or your local smoke shop.

5.5 I should mention here, that the difficulties in shipping overseas make this type of activity difficult. But that does not mean that members cannot play in their own country. Take South Africa for instance. Seems to be a number of Brothers there that might be interested and know their way around the shipping problems in country. Or may wish to meet and do an exchange. I don't mind making a list and drawing names and sending that info back to you. Same for Brothers in Canada or elsewhere. But you would be entirely on your own to make it all work.

6. PLEASE, if you don't truly want to send a gift or you feel that it will be a burden on you, DO NOT SIGN UP AS A PARTICIPANT!

7. If you do not receive anything from your appointed Comrade by May 3, or 4, 2011, contact me and I will email you their name and email address, so that you can work it out with them. I Make No Guarantees and I Will Not Get Into The Middle Of Any Dispute. Sorry, but I'm just putting this event together. If you want to post their identity and that you didn't get anything from him/her, I can't stop you. This is another reason for not signing up as a participant, if you don't want to play fairly.

8.) I will close registrations on April 1. If you screw around and miss the cut off date don't cry to me.. thats damn near two weeks to sign up.

9. The assignments will be totally random. To set the assignments, I will put the names and addresses on pieces of paper, put them in a hat, shake them up and have Bubba or Da Bug draw them one by one. I know it's low-tech, but it works.

If you'd like to join up now feel free to shoot me a pm containing your Real Name, addy, phone number, and wish list.
The wish list part IS important.

Players:
Natch
Frost
Happypipester
Clueless
MisterE
Carlos
Talrmn35
Blackhorse
Lv9
Centurion
Mikem
Cigargod
Gandalf

If you've sent a pm and your name isn't added within say 24 hours bump the thread or something.

I promise to get more info and sign up info up sat or sun...

Doc M spilled the beans on the date..

As some of you know(and many don't) Pipetongue was a card carrying member of Communist Party USA.. I can't help but respect him for never letting that get in the way of his friendships , even with the rightiest of rightys ole TJ.

MAY 1st is a big commie holiday.. Its coming up so I figured what the hay..lol.

The Ken Collins Exchange aka the Pipetongue redistribution of wealth plan..lol will be on
International Workers Day.

To all the right leaning gents.. Don't choose to participate based on the name.. Many of us prospered from Kens ideology when would launch one of his famous mailbox destroying boxes.. Suck it up and play for Ken. :D

puros_bran":pkepsm55 said:
Doc M spilled the beans on the date..

As some of you know(and many don't) Pipetongue was a card carrying member of Communist Party USA.. I can't help but respect him for never letting that get in the way of his friendships , even with the rightiest of rightys ole TJ.

MAY 1st is a big commie holiday.. Its coming up so I figured what the hay..lol.

The Ken Collins Exchange aka the Pipetongue redistribution of wealth plan..lol will be on
International Workers Day.
Oh man, I was kidding about IWD! Sorry I popped the bubble.

If ya don't like the name either overlook it or don't participate.
Ken definatly lived out his convictions, he gave freely and often. His last box he hit me with had probably $300 worth of loot in it.
at secret Santa at least three time he gifted away $200+ pipes and aged tobacco..
And I remember more than the occasional guy just having stuff he mentioned show up on his door step.. I can pay a wee small bit of homage to the gent on a day that meant something to him and not get all tangled up in ideology. And we can have a little fun doing it..

Ken was a good, wise man. Would like in one this as well.

Post #1 has been updated.. please see the rules and sign up if you desire...

I want to reiterate PLEASE include a wish list in the first PM.. otherwise it disimbobulates my pm box with unneeded pm..
ALSO PLEASE include one, it makes your Bro. have a way easier time with it.

Make it big boys, Ole PipeTongue is watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.