The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well-done, Blackhorse! I can attest, he's a Brother generous of spirit and material alike. A fine choice to carry the torch for Ken.

Congratulations Blackhorse,,, :D

Who ME???

This is more than humbling...it's...it's...a surprise. In a couple of ways. First, that I was picked for being a 'cheerleader'. I'm not really a cheerleader, as I've said before, it's more like, "Help me...I've fallen, and I can't shut up!". In another way...for some reason I seem to have stopped getting the auto-updates for this thread, I've been gone to Florida on a week long trip with my wife and I come back and the next day get this...amazing...bomber box in the mail! Huh? Who's this from? Ken? Ken Collins?!?!? Sweeeeeet!

For those of you who might be wondering...inside was a classic and what must be an antique Peterson System pipe (never had one, always wanted on) and SIX tins (ranging from 50 gm to 100 gms.) of not only great blends...but SUPER AGED great blends. I already puiffed up a bowl full of McClelland's No. 8 (circa 2004 no less)...seemed a fitting match for the local break-in of the Pete. Never had it, always heard it was fine. Man, was it mellow!

I've been known to obtain, and then eventually part with, a number of good pipes. But this Pete will never leave me. Further, each time I light up a bowl in it, and especially with the included broad range of blends, I'll not only think of Ken and give him a quiet thank you for all he did...but I'll also think of all the guys that participated in this event.

I'm really quite touched.

Good show BH, well done. Your bomb really was something special and you definitely are deserving of the honor.

Greetings all! Surely I will be the last to share what arrived for me for the 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.

As many of you know, I live in Mexico City, Mexico and spend only my summers in the US. Living abroad, I receive many packages in Tucson, AZ as it's generally easier for all involved. Anyhow, when I opened the door in Tucson, I found THIS waiting for me:

You can all imagine what I felt as I opened the box..... AMAAAAAAZING!! :shock: :shock:

I had been worried that my benefactor would think me both rude and thankless as the exchange came and went without any word from me. I asked PB to get word to him just so he'd understand why I wouldn't recieve the package right away. Anonymity being one of the aspects of the exchange, there was no way for me to contact him directly either.

Anyhow, this package attests to the generosity of the folks on this board and I am once again, simply amazed! My benefactor nailed it to the wall!! Mega thank you, my friend!! I shall enjoy this and know that I am among some truly amazing folk here at BoB. 8) 8)

Thank you and a happy belated Ken Collins Day!!

Very nice. Excellent tobacco choices and a beutiful pipe!

Top shelf tobacco your party sent you,,,KILLER pipe,,,fantastic grain and form,,,

I keep seeing this thread and noting that it was the "First Annual", and we didn't do anything this year. This would have been the "Second Annual". I don't want anyone to think we dropped the ball. Or forgot about it. So I just thought I would note that Ken's memory is alive and well. The BoB Bombers took off this year and it looks like they are having loads of fun. Plenty of secret bombing taking place. Ken was all for sharing and bombing. That aspect is alive and well. You guys do his memory a great honor. So if you get a moment these during the holidays that are coming up, remember those who are no longer with us except in spirit.

For those who are wondering who Ken was. His username was pipetongue1

ken1010.jpg
[/url][/img]

Status
Not open for further replies.