The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am totally overwhelmed! The box was here when I got home today. Wow! I will finally have to get mycam working to show everybody this treasure trove! Here's the list:

Great new Peterson bent. Great looking bent with silver band. Already being christened with it's first bowl.

3 CAO Premium Cigars - 2 Gold and 1 Italia

Pipe tool

Custom handmade tamper

9 (THAT'S RIGHT NINE) tins of tobacco

Petersons Sherlock Holmes - now opened and in the new Pete

Dunhill Royal Yacht

Butera Pelican

C&D Exhausted Rooster

GLP Charing Cross

Ashton Artisans Blend

Captain Earle Ten Russians

GLP Quiet Nights

GLP Chelsea Morning

And I thought we decided not to have a box pass. This is Great! Thanks, whoever you are. Sure made my month!

Excellent haul there, o clueless one. The Ken Collins appreciation society has performed quite admirably. Bravo.

Got my package today before going to work on night shift. Turned an otherwise really bad day into a great one.
As you can see, quite a haul. Two 50g tins of Dunhill mixtures I have been wanting to try, a tin of Escudo, two Peterson offerings (Irish Flake and Peterson's Perfect Plug) and a tin of McBaren's Navy Flake. Fluffy and Bristly pipe cleaners and a wonderful Johs pipe, the bowl of which easily swallows my entire thumb. That should make a great flake pipe!

I am :shock: and :D ! The only problem is I prolly won't get much sleep today. I'll be too busy trying out that new pipe and one of those wonderful flakes. Good thing I have the rest of the night to decide which one.

Thank you seems so inadequate for such a generous gift! :cheers:

Long live Ken's spirit of generosity and caring.

More great bombs. I see all these tins and wonder if I have any of that open. I need to clean the cellar really good.

So - is that all of the packages? Is this 'glory days' event over? What a fantastic series of blockbusters this has been. major kudos to one and all. Makes me humble and proud at the same time!

How about a '71 426 Hemi Cuda Convertible?

mr-norm-426-hemi-cuda-convertible-01.jpg

Nice. But that's not a 1971 Hemi Cuda. Has a lot of the styling. Recent concept car I suppose. No doubt more affordable than an original in any kind of running condition, seeing as how there were 7 convertibles that year and two of those were 4 speeds.

Hey, Happy May Day, guys!!!

´Tis Ken Collins Day officially I believe....

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Guys, I want to personally thank each and every one of you that participated and made this something special...

I haven't been home for more than a couple hours in over a month but things will start slowing down shortly.. When they do I will go back through and try to determine a winner.

Looks like they're all winners,,,a very generous group indeed,,,

Little footnote here:

I took the lovely little Erik (what I'll call 'nosedive grain') panel as my pipe of choice to an event my wife's company puts on at Lake Tahoe, NV. A number of folks commented on it (this has happened very rarely) and of course many of the ladies made comments about the pipe smoking thing in general (never had a lady tell me she didn't like pipes, etc.). So overall it was a solid hit, and of course it smoked like a CHAMP!

I took GLP's jackKnife Plug, Gawaith Sweet Whiskey Twist and Brown Twist Sliced as my 'weeds of choice'. I was not hurtin' for goodness!

I think I actually get to go home today guys..
Woohoo!

Review and box out ASAP after that.

And the winner is??????

As stated earlier, we are all winners for having got to spend eTime with Ken, and ALL the packages were awesome in a box (literally) .. but For cheerleading over and above the call of duty... BLACKHORSE!!!!

Be watching your mailbox bro.. theres a lil something going out tonight. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.