The Academy Awards 4/25/2021

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
After 5 minutes, I decided to watch paint dry for more excitement.

Haven't watched the damn thing since Billy Crystal was the MC years ago! Got sick and tired of the left-wing Hollywood political rhetoric!! Plus the show/s became quite dull and lame. FTRPLT

I wouldn't expect to go to an NRA convention and not hear politics. This is a trade situation, except it is televised rather than broadcast or attended by other means. They're just people. Have opinions and beliefs like the rest of us. And then get called up to win the highest honor in their profession and have a few seconds of time to talk about family, other professionals, life, whatever. I never really watched it. I could list a page of reasons why it doesn't interest me; most importantly, I've come to not like the movie format. Give me ten episodes and let the story really open up. I've never understood why entertainers, business owners, or whoever should not share their opinions, as in with dialogue. That's just me. It doesn't offend me. If I don't like it, I don't have to tune in or buy from them or...

I've never understood why entertainers, business owners, or whoever should not share their opinions, as in with dialogue. That's just me. It doesn't offend me. If I don't like it, I don't have to tune in or buy from them or...
I am 100% in agreement with you ZM. I don't really care who shares an opinion. I don't have to listen. Personally. I only object if there is advocacy for an illegal act.
I spent many years in the broadcast media, sometimes in markets with 40 competing stations. I used to laugh when I'd get notes like this: "I listen to you almost every day and you do nothing but piss me off.Some day your bosses will wise up and boot you off the air."
We live in an age where there is political rhetoric everywhere. Each of us has the responsibility to separate the shinola from the s***.

I think a lot of people say they watch things like the news to be informed, but really, they just like to be angry. We're an angry people, an angry culture. Unfortunately, anger is our comfort zone. We seek it out. Negative energy is our energy source. That's why we also move the goal posts all over the field and have no integrity. They don't want things to change or stay the same. It's too rewarding to be angry.

People do tend to watch "news" which agrees with their personal view of the world.

I think a lot of people... just like to be angry. We're an angry people, an angry culture.
Unfortunately, anger is our comfort zone. We seek it out.
Negative energy is our energy source. They don't want things to change or stay the same.
"They don't want things to change or stay the same."
A perpetual state of disequilibrium, so to speak? An interesting perspective.

Zeno,,,your two posts are so spot on, and unfortunately this forum has way too many ‘angry’ members.

Like ftrplt I haven't watched since Billy Crystal was MC, mostly because it's too long and the rambling acceptance speeches are irritating. As for everybody's opinion and beliefs being equal this idea disregards the outsize weight that celebrities have as "cultural influencers." It amazes me that the media is always asking Bill Gates or Arnold Schwarzenegger, or such, to comment on something way out of their area of expertise. Unfortunately, we live in a cult of personality worship, people would rather rally behind their Talking Head of choice than think for themselves.

I avoid the Rubber room to maintain a level of ignorance of which BoBs are angry.

Back of topic. I haven't been in a movie theater in years. I doubt that I could name any of the nominated films.
I nominate John Wick I, II, and III for something and the Bourne films.

I don't watch those so-called awards shows. They spew more haterganda than a European war machine. I live a couple of hours west of Nashville. The CMA’s used to be held there. Not anymore they moved out west. And now they're no better than the rest of the award shows.

I watch the local news shows for the weather and the somewhat hot weather girls that can't complete a sentence most of the time.