The British are coming, the British are coming. ;)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnbanjo

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
Ok the pipe group most asked for is the Dunhill group which is fine with me since I had an acupuncture session today and my weekly ivIG infusion tomorrow so I can smoke the smaller group size pipes first.

I chose the oldest Dunhill pipe I own, the 100 y/o Shell Briar which is a group 1 in size, I purchased this pipe at a local yard sale for the princely sum of $1.00.

I decided some good, aged, Dunhill tobacco would be fitting so I'm keeping it smokey with some Dunhill 10 y/o Deluxe Navy Rolls.
banjo

35574757512_49d5e94345_z_d.jpg

fishnbanjo":3oe9lc82 said:
I chose the oldest Dunhill pipe I own, the 100 y/o Shell Briar which is a group 1 in size, I purchased this pipe at a local yard sale for the princely sum of $1.00.
Damn Sam, that's like winning the lottery! :shock:

Cheers,

RR

Well I got two Peterson pre-republic's as well for $1.00 each, that was all the pipe paraphernalia they had or I would have spent more time and money. ;)
banjo

Brewdude":ttay65zw said:
fishnbanjo":ttay65zw said:

Cheers,

RR

fishnbanjo":ldiw160w said:
Well I got two Peterson pre-republic's as well for $1.00 each, that was all the pipe paraphernalia they had or I would have spent more time and money. ;)
banjo

Brewdude":ldiw160w said:
fishnbanjo":ldiw160w said:

Cheers,

RR

Yer killin' me banjo!  :lol:

Cheers,

RR

When I go to yard sales I'm like a man on a mission, if I don't see what I'm looking for I ask "got any pipes, fly rods, fly reels, Nikon or Leica camera lenses or firearms "?

Many times the answer is no, but not always! I do have to admit the pipes I most often encounter are C.B. Perkins and Erlich's both from Boston, the assorted Medico, Dr. Graybow and parts and pieces of once were pipes.
banjo

Brewdude":fz2noxin said:
fishnbanjo":fz2noxin said:
banjo

Brewdude":fz2noxin said:
fishnbanjo":fz2noxin said:

Cheers,

RR

Yer killin' me banjo!  :lol:

Cheers,

RR

Banjo, great score on that Dunhill. Boy do I remember hitting yard/garage sales. Those were wake up real early days so you can arrive first for the best pickens. Riding through the back roads of Pennsylvania and hitting all the barn sales. My Dad and I use to score big time on old wall and mantle clocks. The good old days... :cheers:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Nice photo, but I never liked Dunhills, I guess 90% of them are standard billiards in shape.