The Brotherhood of The Pipes-From Mission, British Columbia

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aalborg

Reaction score
So the story goes, as a pipe smoker, you notice others that have a pipe in their hand let alone smell it from 50ft away. This past weekend in Mission BC, I met a young fellow piper who really reminded me of why pipe culture is attracting such wonderful and unique individuals. His knowledge of pipes was great and he schooled me on brands I've never heard of and suggested some he thought I would enjoy based on the attributes I like. So after chatting for a while, we said cheerio and went our separate ways. In the same shopping strip mall 10 min later, we run into each other again only for him to hand me a brand new tin of Erinmore Flake and he stated that he thought I would really enjoy it. I guess sometimes, we are baffled to receive such a gift from a complete stranger you
met only minutes before. I was speechless at this incredible kind gesture and thoughtfulness. I guess there is hope for mankind with people like him around on this planet. He suggested that I check out this forum and I'm thankful he did. This is a great community. Well, J, if you are out there in Maple Ridge at home or in Mission for Grandpa's 93rd birthday...thank you. You are a great man.

Welcome! Glad you are here. There are alot of us like that here. Hope you stick around and join in, and help convert more to piping!

Yup, you've found the right place.  

Best slice of humanity that you'll find anywhere.

Great story, hopefully the two of you will cross paths again in the future.
Welcome aboard.
 :D 

Welcome to the forums! I hope you have a great time here

"T"

Welcome along Aalborg. Great story. And there it is again! Another fine example of the antics of the BoB...  :cheers: 

Hello and Welcome to the BOB forum, from John in NJ. :study:
Great story and I think you'll find the same from members here.  :cheers: