The Butcher in the Belfry:::October BOB Bombing Mission

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HOLY HOPPIN' HANNA...

:shock: :shock: :shock:

The postman just delivered 9, yes 9 more boxes!!!!!

:affraid: :affraid: :affraid:

Really guys, this is off the charts. Un-freakin-believable!!! I'm at a loss for words right now........

:silent:  :silent:  :silent:  :silent:  :silent:  :silent:  :silent:  :silent:

Damage report in due course. It'll take some little while to crawl out from the rubble and get my senses back as I've been slapped silly! Cryin' out loud........

:!:  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:

Cheers,

RR

:oops:

I done been blowed up reeeeal goooood...........

Photoshop_The_nuclear_explosion_bomb_011528_.jpg

:silent:

Cheers,

RR

Yaay :cheers: :cheers:
Rande, the fact that you used the decorations and candy to brighten some other folks day really made me happy!  Enjoy the devastation :D
Mike.

Well, it's taken a good wee while to get all the contents of the 9 boxes out and accounted for. I'm still in a semi-state of shock and with trembling hands will have a go at listing the contents. Bear with me if I have any periods of mental collapse whilst I list these-

Tins:

3 tins Samuel Gawith FVF (50 gm)
Orlik Golden Sliced (50 gm)
Samuel Gawith Navy Flake (50 gm)
Wessex Campaign (50 gm)
Fribourg & Treyer Cut Blended Plug (50 gm)
Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation 1931 (3.5 oz)
2 tins Astleys No. 44 Dark Virginia Flake (50 gm)
Hearth & Home LJ Heart Burley (1.5 oz)
C&D Red Carpet (2 oz)
GLP Cairo (2 oz)
C&D Bayou Morning Flake (2 oz)
Mac Baren HH Matured Virginia (3.5 oz)
McClelland Deep Hollow (50 gm) - this came in a very cool little leather "caddy"

Bulk:

Savinelli Dobloe D'Oro (~ 2 oz)
4 Noggins Weybridge ( ~ 2 oz)
Peter Stokkebye Amsterdam (~2 oz)
Savinelli Brunello Flake (~2 oz)
C&D Haunted Bookshop (~4 oz)
La Brumeuse Semois (~1 oz)
John Patton Dark & Stormy (~1 oz)
John Patton Storm Front (2 oz)
2001 Rattry Old Gowrie (~1 oz)
2013 Sutliff Kentucky Planter (~1 oz)
GLP Navigator (~1 oz)
2013 Hearth & Home Sweet & Savory (~1 oz)
Pouch of Mac Baren Modern Virginia

Cigars:

Nub Habano
San Lotano Maduro
A whole freakin' box of vintage Famous 3000 Nicaraguan Robustos!!

Pipes:

MM Dublin
MM Pony Express
Brand spanking NEW Brigham BoB POTY (Yikes!!)

Misc:

2 packs pipe cleaners
Box of Dr Grabow pipe filters
Tons and bunches of various candy (including a bar of Bonomo Chocolate Turkish Taffy. Remember this from being a kid back in the stone ages. Didn't even know it still existed. Used to pull my fillings out with it as a lad)
Big bag of Carmel Corn

:monkey:

Jeez Louise, I now have enough to start a store. This beggars belief chappies and I'm just stunned by your very kind actions.

I should also mention there were many very nice hand written notes along with this expressing personal well wishes and such. Means a lot to me, that does. I feel very fortunate to belong to this community and count you all as friends. I'd love to share a bowl, chat, and bevvy with all of you in due course when the winds sail in our directions.

Looks like I've now got some jarring to do, and of course smoking!

:afro:

Cheers,

RR

Tell you all what, I'm going to see if I can borrow a digital camera and get some pics of all this. If I do, I'll need a bit of help posting it as I have no idea on how to do that.

Stay tuned!

:flower:

Cheers,

RR

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
That' what I call a 'Shock and Awe' operation.
Brilliant.
Enjoy the devestation BD.

OK, borrowed the digital camera from one of my brewery partners. Now to take some pics, and he'll e-mail them to me since I don't know how to deal with them from the camera.

:scratch:

Might take a day or so to get this sorted but I'll do my best.

Cheers,

RR

Well, just when I thought it was safe to go to the post box 2 more bombs arrived!

Tins:

C&D Guildford Flake (2 oz)
Escudo (50 gm)
Dunhill De Luxe Navy Rolls (50 gm)

Bulk:

Dan Tobacco Limerick (~4 oz)
McClelland 5100 (~4 oz)
'13 Samuel Gawith FVF (100 gm) This has been "baked" so I figure it was stoved by the bomber.

Incredible, just flippin' incredible! Can't quite take it in. I am truly not worthy but am most profoundly grateful folks.

:drunken:

Cheers,

RR

At this time I also feel the need to expand on the most gracious gift of the '13 Brigham POTY.

Initially when this was offered, I posted that it lacked the "Wow" factor based on the pics. Now that I've held it in my hand it's extremely worthy of a BoB POTY, and has plenty of "Wow" factor.

Quite nice in all ways. Sleek, well made, perfect drilling, feels great in the hand, tremendous finish. And it's a bent....what's not to like?

So I'll eat a bit of crow on this one. Bad call on my part. It's my first Brigham pipe and might not be my last. I'll be looking forward to smoking this!

A very kind and generous gesture! And to remember what I said on that that thread makes me very humbled!

:oops:

Cheers,

RR

Awesome! I know when I received my orders from HQ, I was glad to see you "run afoul" of the bombers. :)

Well the pics didn't work out very good. I took 6 shots altogether - 2 each of the tins, bulk & pipes/cigars, and everything together. However all of them are quite blurry and out of focus.

I've no idea what I did wrong, and used the close-up setting like I was instructed. There wasn't anything else to adjust so have no clue about why it didn't work properly.

They're so out of focus it wouldn't be worth trying to get them posted here. So sorry all, but I tried!

:cry:

Cheers,

RR

Clearly, you weren't up to the task because your whole mind, body, and spirit were obliterated from this months complete devastation. For my small part, you're welcome. May you some day rise from the ashes.

No rest for the wicked, here's the link to next month's bombing mission.

https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t28836-official-november-bob-bombing-thread-jive-turkey#393470