The Butcher in the Belfry:::October BOB Bombing Mission

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Oh poor me, what will I ever do with all this candy???"

Ummm. What's the date? Oh yeah, the day before Halloween. Now on to pressing matters... Hmmm. What to do with the candy???? Think think think.. Um. Beats me.

Brewdude":cbbpfy0d said:
Right now I'm feeling a little overwhelmed!

:shock:
We're easy going about this, BD.. Plus as you can tell, you are well liked around here and we appreciate you. When that happens, this happens.

Might as well enjoy the festivities. ;)

juanmedusa":x2u5gggd said:
My bomb is away. I usually get that done on Wednesday and it arrives Saturday. Now I've released it on Tuesday and am praying it doesn't arrive Thursday! We'll see.
Clearly prayer doesn't affect the USPS. Tracking data says it was delivered yesterday. I tried to take action and get my bomb there before Saturday this time and in that, and only that, I have succeeded.

Fr_Tom":rdy469wh said:
Mine arrived at the local post office at 2 AM or something, and I never got a change in status. So either they forgot to scan it, or the truck was full...
Same here. It still says it's scheduled for Friday delivery, but I'm not counting on it.

OK, just got home from the brewery and here's a list of the damages-

Tins:

McClelland #24 matured VA (50 gm)
McClelland #25 Matured VA (50 gm)
McClelland #27 Matured VA (50 gm)
C&D Two Friends Redwood (2 oz)
GLP Navigator (2 oz)
GLP Union Square (2 oz)
Dunhill Elizabethan Mixture (50 gm)
Sam Gawith FVF (50 gm)

Bulk:

John Patton Cool Hand Fluke (2 oz)
Semios (~2 oz)
McClelland 2015 (4 oz Mason jar)
PS Luxury Twist Flake (4 oz Mason jar)

Misc:

A custom modified MM -  trimmed off shank inside the bowl and sanded, pipe mud, and decorative banding on the stem. Looks to be the Washington model. Very cool.

All sorts of Halloween decorations to include a skeleton, bat, spiders, and bag of eyeballs.

Crazy picture book entitled "Crap Taxidermy". Many weird pics of animals which had been stuffed and modified. Some of these would be at home in a Ripley's Believe It Or Not Museum!

Much candy of various sorts.

Plus several very nice personal notes.

Well, you chaps clearly have my 'baccy preferences in your wheelhouse. All are blends that I'll look forward to smoking, and many will be new to me. What a very considerate assortment of VA/VaPers and I'll be interested to check out the Semois.

The candy and decorations went to the brewery today and will be put to good use there. We have a big Halloween bash on tonight in the Tap Room and the decorations will fit right in. I don't get trick-or-treaters where I live but the downtown merchants open their doors to the little tykes during the day, so they'll make fast work of the sweets.

My hat's off to you fine folks for this very kind and generous gesture. I truly am not worthy but want to offer my sincere thanks and gratitude! Sorry I can't provide pics but as I said I don't have a digital camera.

:sunny:

Cheers,

RR

I dropped mine off the night before last, but the tracking says it didn't leave the facility until after 10pm last night! :x :x :x