The Butcher of BoB

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That story needs to be published. It's a great short story and very well executed in all ways.

And congrats Timbo. I'm crap at these things so opted out of playing.

Cheers,

RR

Very good story. I am not much good at solving mysteries but enjoy reading them. Congrats Timbo.

Thanks gentlemen. I tried to be as historically accurate as possible, so a person could trace down certain aspects of the story for reference. The ship Langhorne and Chef served on, the Jupiter for instance. The speed that the Alexander could sail I plotted, along with the course, currents and wind directions for this time of year. Also the whaling port in Greenland, which as it turns out was moved from it's original location to a sheltered harbor better suited to whaling is a real place.

Someone else pointed out that I should have started the story at the point the Alexander picked up Lachlan's cargo, and developed the rescue of the doctor from the drifting wreckage, thus developing those characters a bit more. And then, what of the end of the voyage, where they deliver the tobacco to Perth? Do they even get out of Thorsen's clutches? What of Chef's remains? They surely can't leave him the ballast to rot....

I dunno, I might have to consider fleshing out this story a tad more. It was just something I jotted down to get the mystery contest going, but as I worked on it the characters began to take on a life of their own. I just don't know. I haven't written much in a rather long time, so I feel a bit rusty.

So, Wiz, can we book you for the next Halloween's mystery saga?!

All those if favour...

Thank you one and all for your kind regards and especially for Ozzies awesome authorial efforts. Over and above my good sir. Also a huge thanks to Jesse for creating such an outstanding and totally unique prize.

As for winning, I’m amazed I managed to deduce correctly as I’ve been way off on all our previous adventures, I suppose I can’t always be wrong, no matter what my kids say.

Thanks again to all involved, it has been a blast.

Cheers,

Tim

The cleaver arrived Friday but I've been too hectic over the weekend to post anything.

All I can say is WOW, just WOW.

Have a look at this sexy beast.

Jesse's imagination and skill shown in this piece is amazing to see and hold, for more details from Jesse, have a look here; https://www.blueroombriars.com/blogs/news/2018-jones-halloween-pipe

Smoked a bowl of Christmas Cheer when it arrived and it was a grand if short experience (the bowl is tiny) and I'll definitely have to organise the purchase of one of Jesse's more conventional pipes in the near future.

A huge thanks once again to one and all involved in this years Halloween event.

Cheers,

Tim

So coooooooollllll!!!!!

Yup, Jesse's quite the artist alright. Excellent work, and a great center piece for any pipe collection... Congratulations! :cheers:

Well that's a creative interpretation of a smoking pipe. Looks remarkable!

Well done Timbo and a tip of the hat to Jesse and the prize organiser.

:cheers:

Being a maker of both knives and pipes (using Mark Tinsky’s kits) I’m really blown away by the cleaver-Pipe. “One of a kind” hardly gives a sufficient description. The conception alone is just brilliant. The materials and “execution” (heh, heh) put this in the catagory of an item beyond price.

Congrats to TIMBO as the worthy and very lucky winner.

A huge shout-out to Ozzie for not only the idea, the writing and keeping up with the submission schedule...but I assume he funded the beast as well. Obviously, talent as big as all outdoors, and a heart to match.

Blackhorse":7mljvzv2 said:
Being a maker of both knives and pipes (using Mark Tinsky’s kits) I’m really blown away by the cleaver-Pipe.  “One of a kind” hardly gives a sufficient description. The conception alone is just brilliant. The materials and “execution” (heh, heh) put this in the catagory of an item beyond price.

A huge shout-out to Ozzie for not only the idea, the writing and keeping up with the submission schedule...but I assume he funded the beast as well. Obviously, talent as big as all outdoors, and a heart to match.
Hear Hear!

And that is one totally unique pipe!

:king:

Cheers,

RR

Blackhorse":ypi1fbc8 said:
Being a maker of both knives and pipes (using Mark Tinsky’s kits) I’m really blown away by the cleaver-Pipe.  “One of a kind” hardly gives a sufficient description. The conception alone is just brilliant. The materials and “execution” (heh, heh) put this in the catagory of an item beyond price.

:oops: Thanks for the accolades folks, but if I'm interpreting the part of funding the pipe, I did not. I offered Jesse financial assistance for the shipping, and he declined. But he took on the pipe and design himself. He deserves full credit for it! A truly talented Carver!! :cheers:

Ozark Wizard":uv8omfcf said:
Blackhorse":uv8omfcf said:

:oops: Thanks for the accolades folks, but if I'm interpreting the part of funding the pipe, I did not. I offered Jesse financial assistance for the shipping, and he declined. But he took on the pipe and design himself. He deserves full credit for it! A truly talented Carver!! :cheers:
Whoah.

That's a big deal. Not only is there the financial aspect - Jesse could have sold that piece for a good sum - but that piece would have taken a good deal of time to craft.

A big thank you to Jesse for supporting the shannanigans of the BoB Bombing Sqn.