The chair (very long story) ***PICS ADDED***

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eklektos44":0pqq396x said:
Brewdude":0pqq396x said:
OK, so I borrowed a digital camera and took some pics of the chair. They were then e-mailed to me but as I understand it, I can't post them directly to this site.

Photobucket has been mentioned as one way to do this, but seem to remember someone saying there were recent issues with that site. So what site should I use first?

Cheers,

RR
OK, got it. In the upper left corner of the image there's a dialogue box. Go to share, click the direct link, then paste it into the image URL. See if that works.

John

OK so I now see the dialog box in the upper left of the image. When you say "go to share"  do you mean first click it and then right click to copy the url? This is what I've tried, and when I paste that into the image box on the reply here, when i try and preview it all it shows is the url and not the pic.

No, I'm not trying to be dense or obtuse.

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":0yzzhlpd said:
eklektos44":0yzzhlpd said:
Brewdude":0yzzhlpd said:
OK, so I borrowed a digital camera and took some pics of the chair. They were then e-mailed to me but as I understand it, I can't post them directly to this site.

Photobucket has been mentioned as one way to do this, but seem to remember someone saying there were recent issues with that site. So what site should I use first?

Cheers,

RR
OK, got it. In the upper left corner of the image there's a dialogue box. Go to share, click the direct link, then paste it into the image URL. See if that works.

John

OK so I now see the dialog box in the upper left of the image. When you say "go to share"  do you mean first click it and then right click to copy the url? This is what I've tried, and when I paste that into the image box on the reply here, when i try and preview it all it shows is the url and not the pic.

No, I'm not trying to be dense or obtuse.

Cheers,

RR
Click the dialogue box and click share. That should open another box. You should see "direct" Click that and it'll say "copied"'. Then paste it into the image share on the forum.

Like this?

chair%202_zpsqlf1amqu.jpg

chair%206_zps1dn2umt7.jpg

chair%203_zpswnmpjf9b.jpg

chair%205_zpslxc9xu7q.jpg

chair%204_zpsbhkp6zva.jpg

My sincere thanks John. I think I finally got the hang of it! :cheers:

All that for a chair.......! :scratch:

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":ky6pj9u1 said:
Like this?

chair%202_zpsqlf1amqu.jpg

chair%206_zps1dn2umt7.jpg

chair%203_zpswnmpjf9b.jpg

chair%205_zpslxc9xu7q.jpg

chair%204_zpsbhkp6zva.jpg

My sincere thanks John. I think I finally got the hang of it!  :cheers:

All that for a chair.......! :scratch:

Cheers,

RR
Yea, just like that! ;) Sweet looking chair! :cheers:

That's exactly how I imagined it to look from your description Rande. That's a cracking looking chair mate. No wonder you're so attached! I bet you're pleased you invested in it now?!

Hey, and congrats on your new found IT skills too.

....you might want to move it away from that door though old chap. Accident waiting to happen. ;)

Thanks for the picture, great fabric, reminds me of my Grandfathers chair.

Stick":qqvo0tfj said:
....you might want to move it away from that door though old chap. Accident waiting to happen.  ;)
Not to worry mate, I only placed it there to take advantage of the natural light in the room at the time. Even then, there were several pics that came off half in the light and the other in a shadow. I didn't include those here though.

No idea what I did right or wrong as I had just borrowed a digital camera from a guy who had only just received it as a Christmas present. So he didn't have much input, including and especially the request from Al about getting a shot of me in the chair playing guitar, as he had not yet figured out the way to do timed shots .

Still for all my inexperience they turned out pretty good, and it was a bit of an *ahem* adventure getting them up on photobucket, and then posting them here. :|

Dunno if this means I'll be able to post more pics like this in the future. But still, it's a start.

:bball:

Stick":qqvo0tfj said:
That's exactly how I imagined it to look from your description Rande. That's a cracking looking chair mate. No wonder you're so attached! I bet you're pleased you invested in it now?!

Hey, and congrats on your new found IT skills too.
Ta very much lad. It's a way great chair and it honours my Pap. That's what is important.

As far as IT skills, well I have a long way to go yet.....

:silent:

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":ldi8apq9 said:
Still for all my inexperience they turned out pretty good, and it was a bit of an *ahem* adventure getting them up on photobucket, and then posting them here. :|

Dunno if this means I'll be able to post more pics like this in the future. But still, it's a start.

:bball:
For both of us. ;)

That is a nice looking chair. I have been considering getting myself some manner of a dad chair, but then I remember I have young children lol. Some day

Great story BD, sometimes cherishing a great memory is worth more then all the gold in all of the universe.