The Corncob Primer 3/03/2012

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom Bedwell":v2a6o0p4 said:
Ok, you've sold me; I just ordered a Legend from MM.  All I've smoked is briar up until now and I'm excited at the prospect.  While I can't see me preferring it to my Boswell; the idea of a good smoking pipe that I won't be worried about scratching, etc. is very enticing.  I was really "bird-dogging" that Natural Freehand; but I'm going to test this little guy out first to see we can be good friends, lol.

I guess this is a "smoke whatever you like in it" situation as they all are; but do folks gravitate toward any type in particular?  While I've got a few aromatics for fun; I prefer the seemingly dryer, cooler smoking English blends -FM, EMP, Nightcap, etc.
While burleys really shine in cobs, anything you smoke should be good. Just make sure to dry your tobacco first.

Thank you gentlemen for such an informative thread. Was about to ask several noob questions about cobs, but found the answers here already, as well as answers to couple things I hadnt thought of yet. Sure I'll have more questions as time goes by, and also sure Ill be able to find good answers on this forum. Thanks again.