The Cost of Adding Cigar Leaf

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
I really blundered while clipping the cap of a 6 x 54 habano. My cutter was not properly positioned on the head of the cigar and I wasn't appropriately careful. The expletives flew. I suppose I could have converted the toro to a robusto, but at the moment it occurred, all I could think of was "Poof, $14.00 gone." Then I thought, "Hey, this might be fortuitous, I'll shred the cigar and use it in a pipe blend." I shredded the cigar, then put the tobacco on a scale. I was, frankly, stunned: .7 ounce.

I use cigar "trimmings", trimmings that I buy from a cigar-roller, and mix some chopped up, rubbed out, cigar trimmings into my pipe tobacco to add extra flavor, more interest, some creaminess, and smoke volume.  I ask the cigar-maker for a few ounces of trimmings that he cuts off from mild cigars.  These trimmings, I been told, contain wrapper, binder, and filler, leaf. That cigar-leaf aroma....I love sniffing the bag, while I drive home, and like what the cigar-leaf adds to my pipe tobacco(s).

Good luck.  Take some lessons from a good Mohel before you tackle another $14.00 cigar.  :))

I forgot to ask: Did you enjoy smoking your pipe tobacco after you added some of your repurposed cigar leaf?

BriarPipeNYC":zg7hdv5e said:
 Did you enjoy smoking your pipe tobacco after you added some of your repurposed cigar leaf? ...and take some lessons from a good Mohel before you tackle another $14.00 cigar.
I haven't repurposed the cigar leaf, as yet, but I used to have a Joe DiMaggio (Yankee clipper) baseball card.

BriarPipeNYC":mni7g6i1 said:
I use cigar "trimmings", trimmings that I buy from a cigar-roller, and mix some chopped up, rubbed out, cigar trimmings into my pipe tobacco to add extra flavor, more interest, some creaminess, and smoke volume.  I ask the cigar-maker for a few ounces of trimmings that he cuts off from mild cigars.  These trimmings, I been told, contain wrapper, binder, and filler, leaf. That cigar-leaf aroma....I love sniffing the bag, while I drive home, and like what the cigar-leaf adds to my pipe tobacco(s).

Good luck.  Take some lessons from a good Mohel before you tackle another $14.00 cigar.  :))
This is sage advice.

Ozark Wizard via BriarPipeNYC":bcsq50f3 said:
Sage advice...Take some lessons from a good Mohel before you tackle another $14.00 cigar.  
It'll be from a distance. Late last night I got a text message/invitation from a former colleague to attend the ritual circumcision via ZOOM for his new grandson. I'll watch carefully on my computer screen, try not to faint and apply the lesson to the next cigar clipping.

RSteve":hobk4jue said:
It'll be from a distance. Late last night I got a text message/invitation from a former colleague to attend the ritual circumcision via ZOOM for his new grandson. I'll watch carefully on my computer screen, try not to faint and apply the lesson to the next cigar clipping.
That reminds me of the old joke: didja hear the one about the mohel at the bris? He works for tips.....

:affraid:

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":0b6pu3q1 said:
That reminds me of the old joke: didja hear the one about the mohel at the bris? He works for tips.....
Poor little boy was circumcised when he was only 8 days old: couldn't walk for over a year.