The Creature From The Black Lagoon

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midnight Blues

Reaction score
Ben Chapman, The Creature From The Black Lagoon died yesterday. Man I loved that movie. I even had the Aurora model.....

SP3220050729124136.gif

Great film, despite its anomalies. Notable for 1) all the smoking, +; 2) Julie Adams, ++, and 3) setting a higher bar for sci-fi films. Did I mention Julie Adams?

One of the greatest old time horror films of all times! I bet I watched that film 50 times. Brings back memories of "Sunrise Theatre" early on Saturday mornings.

Sad to hear Ben Chapman passed.

And yes Bob, Julie Adams! A real looker of a leading lady. As most were from that era. I have always thought that the leading ladies from the 30's - 50's were so much better than the later generations.

very sad day. those of us that love classic horror movies know that movie well. :face:
that movie still scares me. when they're out swimming, and they have a shot underwater, they follow the swimmers and then keep panning down until you see the creatures face. i still jump whenever that happens.

the 2nd creature movie had the 1st on-screen appearance of clint eastwood.

Greg,

I just ordered the trilogy on DVD, I haven't seen those films in years. I'll cook up a few T bones for me and my Son Nate, mix up a pitcher of Martini's load 3 of my favorite pipes and pop in the movies. It will be a night to remember.

creature.jpg

Midnight Blues":7c969sh4 said:
Greg,

I just ordered the trilogy on DVD, I haven't seen those films in years. I'll cook up a few T bones for me and my Son Nate, mix up a pitcher of Martini's load 3 of my favorite pipes and pop in the movies. It will be a night to remember.

creature.jpg
Did I mention Julie Adams? The two sequels, while well populated by '50s B-movie stars (John Agar, Rex Reason, Jeff Morrow) just didn't have the innovative edge of the first film. What I find most fascinating is the durability of the original film, which was essentially an up-graded B film.

Midnight Blues":462nsp7g said:
Greg,

sounds awesome. i've tried to get my son to kick back with me and watch some old flicks. last couple were the original Rambo and Indiana Jones.
i think my wife sold all my classic horror movies on VHS in a garage sale a few years back while i was out of town. i think i had about 50 or so. just about every MGM flick from the 30s... The Black Cat, The Raven, Island of Dr. Moreau, (and the classics, Wolfman, Mummy, Frankenstien, Dracula, The Invisible Man, etc). i even had a short lived TV series called "The Crimson Ghost", which was one of those "cliffhanger" styles whre you have to "tune in next time to see if..."

The Creature is a great flick. i need a "man-cave" to kick back and watch some old movies and enjoy a pipe with... i'm jealous.

Universal publicity in the '50s claimed that her legs won an award as "the most perfectly symmetrical in the world" and that they were insured for $125,000.
Who was the other actress whose legs were insured, for a lot more?

:D Paul