The Curse of the Annabel Lee :::: October Bombing Run

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, I want to make sure that I am understanding the mystery contest/rules correctly. Any pilot can be the Butcher, right? So anyone who agreed to be part of the mystery is a potential killer?

kaitlyn3837":7nlps7pw said:
Okay, I want to make sure that I am understanding the mystery contest/rules correctly. Any pilot can be the Butcher, right? So anyone who agreed to be part of the mystery is a potential killer?
Apparently so...........

Only the Shadow knows.....................
(and maybe the creator of this mystery, of course)

Oh, and hey, wait!!!!!

boom on target

Sorry for the short delay on clue three. I was putting the finishing touches on the grand prize. :mrgreen:

Clue #3

Are you still concerned about that poor horse!? Don't worry, there are plenty where I live, and they have lots of blue grass to munch on.

You guys left one humongous crater! I knew something was up when the mail lady saw me outside when she pulled into the neighborhood and yelled out her window, “don't go anywhere, I have a ton of packages for you!”  :lol:

She kept bringing them and kept bringing them to the porch. I have never seen such a thing!  :shock:

She asked me if I had been doing some “serious shopping”, I told her about you guys and assured her that this won't happen again.

So, after bringing everything in the house, I set down with a paper and pen and started opening and inventorying. Here is what happened...

Lot's of candy as can be evidenced by the overflowing wooden bowl in the back. My grand-nieces are going to be some very happy little girls Saturday night! I am sure that they would like to thank you as much as I would, so “thank you!” from Adrianne and Gracie.

Delicious Smelling Tobacco:

4 Noggins:
Lord Methley's

Balkan Sasieni

C&D:
Autumn Evening
Hamborger Veermaster
Haunted Bookshop
Epiphany
Demon (scary!)

Dan:
Milonga
Salty Dogs

Dunhill:
Durbar x 3
My Mixture 965

Edgeworth Ready Rubbed (a nice big jar)

Escudo

GL Pease:
The Virginia Cream x 2
Gaslight

H&H:
Bold Kentucky
Louisiana Red
Classic Burley Kake
Sweet & Savory

J Patton:
Oriental Dusk x 2
Storm Front (in abundance from separate BoB members... I am always happy with this blend! Thank you!)
Crossroads

McClelland:
Dominican Glory
Darkest Caramel

Newminster:
Superior Round Slices

Orlik:
Dark Strong Kentucky

Peretti:
Somerset Slices

Peterson:
(aged) Irish Flake
Holiday Season 2013
Irish Oak

Presbyterian

P Stokkebye:
Optimum

Rattray's:
Old Gowrie

SG:
Best Brown Flake
Full Virginia Flake
Brown No 4

Straus:
Ault Park
Sleepy Hollow
Union Terminal
Blue Chip

Sutliff:
Black Swan
Maple Street
Basin Street Blues

The Smoking Lamp:
Royal Stewart

Vauen:
No 7 Mellow Nut

Misc: (Not sure of the maker or anything about these, but they smell amazing! If the bomber would like to give me info via pm on them, I will update later)
Midnight
Black Dane

Pipes:

Ozark Wizard Pipe (extremely cool!)
Clay Pipe from Holland (I've always been interested in trying one!)
Stanwell Golden Danish (which I smoked today and it was one of the nicest smokes in a long time. Thank you so much!)

Coffee & Tea:
Upton Tea – Assam
Denali Dark Roast Coffee
Arctic Wolf Dark Roast Coffee
Outhouse Blend Coffee
Up'en At'em Coffee

Pipe Stuff:
Lots of Pipe Cleaners (thanks! I was actually running quite low!)
The absolute coolest bamboo pipe tamper ever! I love it!

Other Stuff:
A fantastic Alaskan Art Wooden Bowl (very cool!)
An Alaskan Ulu Knife! ( I guess we all know who sent these!)
Alaskan Kelp Pickles (very curious about these, I need to google)
Smoked Alaskan Salmon Dip
Mango Chipotle Alaskan Salmon Dip

And just about the time I got these listed and the smoke began to clear, UPS dropped off another!

Dunhill:
Baby's Bottom
Early Morning Pipe

Some metal pipe cleaners (bottle type cleaners)

And 4 pipe windscreens, which are very cool as I enjoy smoking outside in all types of weather.

So there you have it. I do apologize that it took me so long to get everything listed and on the thread, a million things came up while I was trying to get it on here. Once again, thank you for every item! You don't know how much it all means to me. I may never have to buy tobacco again in my life!

God bless y'all!

Jack

I hope I listed everything... it was really tough to keep up with. :lol:

P1010007_zpst6vfpzw1.jpg

P1010008_zpstxwdxtkp.jpg

P1010010_zpse0giamxp.jpg

P1010009_zpsxfh0cmpa.jpg

P1010011_zpsltrqodz0.jpg

Mwahahahaha a devestating blow one and all, simply awesome to see. Glad to see my bomb in there as I never got tracking info from flight control.

Good work team.

Tim

::::STOP THE PRESSES::::

A community in terror is safe once more. The ID of the Butcher has been revealed!!

Have you guessed yet?

Our very own beardedbassguy, through what I'm sure was a stroke of brilliant deduction, has made his guess. While I am not privy to his thought processes, somehow he tracked down this brutal individual.

The Butcher is:

nismo270

How could such a quiet and polite Kentucky native have such a terrible streak? Who knows, but what we do know is that he will never terrorize the squadron again....or at least not for a week or two.

As it turns out the fabled treasure of the Annabel Lee was just a myth, but we did manage to salvage an interesting pipe, locked away in a small coffin. (Pictures coming soon!) It seems only fair that beardedbassguy receive this loot for catching the Butcher.  

And while there were no golden tampers or aged tobacco, treasure is not what is truly valuable. What has true worth is the camaraderie and good will of the Brothers of Briar Squadron Bombers.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Thanks to all for playing. A big thanks to nismo270 and WarlockBob who helped me with this project.

Addendum: While I was typing this response, MichaelM also guessed the ID of the Butcher. He will receive a small runner's up prize.