The Day Started Out Perfect

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikem

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
My son who is now 20+ came home on a four day leave today from the Navy (he is stationed on the aircraft carrier Enterprise as a Nuclear Powerplant operator in Newport News, Virginia). Probably to see his new wife graduate from college more than me :cry: but it was still great getting to see him. We shared our first cigar together today and had a fantastic three hour sit down and talk. Life is good. :cheers:

That's great Mike! Congrats on the first cigar together! :cheers:

And thank your son for his service to us for me will ya please?

That is awesome Mike and we are all very greatful for his service to our nation!!! I am glad you were blessed with that quality time with him!

Well that sounds better than Christmas,,,,I wish you'd let him know how appreciated our service people (politically correct :D ) are and congrats on the new wife,,,, :cheers:

First he joined the navy...
Then he got married....

Mike did you not teach the boy anything? :D :D :D :D

Sounds like a wonderful time Mike. Your son is in an outstanding field. I, too, was a Navy Nuclear Operator and spent some time on the USS Enterprise. That led to what is now a 32 year career in commercial nuclear power. What a great career it has been. He has a bright future as the nuclear industry in the US is getting ready to take off with the next generation of nuclear plants.

That is a start to a perfect day! Thanks for sharing that. And thank him for his service. :D

I am saving a couple of handmade Brairs for when my son comes home.

your day made my day. Thanks

Mike,
You are a fine fellow. I hope I can be half the dad to my son (6yrs. old) as you are to yours.

With all the weight he's lost over the past year you'd have to come in at about 70 lbs to be half the man Ej..

Thats right... I forgot .. in todays times you no longer have to be a man to be a dad.. Sorry.

:monkey: :monkey: :monkey:

midnight rider":tx4fxmyv said:
That is a start to a perfect day! Thanks for sharing that. And thank him for his service. :D

I am saving a couple of handmade Brairs for when my son comes home.

your day made my day. Thanks
It's funny that you mention this as this morning I gave him one of the briars that I carved myself. I "hope" that he enjoys it as much as I did making it.
100_0819.jpg
[/url][/img]

puros_bran":q9in3bj2 said:
First he joined the navy...
Then he got married....

Mike did you not teach the boy anything? :D :D :D :D
PB I must of done something right. I wish at 20 that I was buying a house, married, and putting 20% of my earnings in retirement :shock: . I think the kid learned from my mistakes. :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You know I love ya Mike... Just raggin ya a lil....

Kudos on giving the boy that pipe. Course calling him a boy is a misnomer.

Mike,
That sounds great.
It's nice that you and Will had an opportunity to kick back for a while and share a smoke and some conversation.

Mike B.