The Feeling of Freedom after Both Doses of Vaccine

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

RSteve

Reaction score
It's now three weeks since my second vaccination. If I catch the virus, it's very likely that the illness will be mild. Until everyone in MN, who wants the vaccine gets vaccinated, I'll avoid crowds, shop at stores during their reserved for old phartz hours, wear nothing but comfy sweatpants, not eat in restaurants, and not go to concerts or sporting events.
I have no problem with wearing a mask, gaiter or balaclava. In MN winter, I frequently wore a balaclava, anyway.
Today, I dropped in at Trader Joe's midday. There were lots of folks and I felt like Superman, impervious to speeding bullets and all sneezes. I still wore rubber gloves and sprayed the shopping cart with my own sanitizer, even though the cart had already been sprayed. It felt rather strange being in a store with customers who weren't old.

I should add (ha ha) that when I checked out w/ 2 lbs. of ground beef, a jar of honey, a couple of boxes of crackers, and a jar of cashew butter, the young, masked beautiful cashier asked me if I needed assistance carrying my groceries to my car.

Last edited:

RSteve

Reaction score
I should add that when I checked out at Trader Joe's w/ 2 lbs. of ground beef, a jar of honey, a couple of boxes of crackers, and a jar of cashew butter, the young, masked beautiful cashier asked me if I needed assistance carrying my groceries to my car.
I must really be looking old and decrepit. Today, I made a quick stop at Fresh Thyme Market; picked up a couple of things that TJ's didn't have and when I checked out, the cashier asked if I needed assistance.

gkhanna74

Reaction score
I got my second Pfizer vaccine today. Hoping it won’t put me on my a$$ with side effects. But it is a great feeling to have it done

RSteve

Reaction score
RSteve—-or she could have been hitting on you!!!!
LOL....For some strange reason, the thought of "being with" any woman under 65 seems a little perverted to me. I may require professional care.

gkhanna74

Reaction score
I think the old rule of thumb is (“N” divided by 2)+7 = acceptable. N=Your age. (I have been with the same woman for 20+ years, by the way. I am just pointing out the formula!)

RSteve

Reaction score
I think the old rule of thumb is (“N” divided by 2)+7 = acceptable. N=Your age. (I have been with the same woman for 20+ years, by the way. I am just pointing out the formula!)
Me with a 45-year-old. She'd need some serious counseling. I related in another thread that a 64-year-old woman I was dating, broke off our relationship because she felt I am too old for her. (She did try to resurrect our relationship a few weeks after the abrupt break-up, but I told her to f-off.)
This morning, half awake, alone in bed. I thought I should have proceeded in a different manner.

Last edited:

RSteve

Reaction score
I do want to add this in my aftermath of having both vaccination shots. After the second of the Pfizer shots, my energy level is very low. It took about a week before I began to feeling like I was dragging, then I recovered. Now, three weeks later, my energy level is way down. I've spoken to others who are experiencing the same reaction. As your body goes through stages of building antibodies, you may find yourself somewhat exhausted.

gkhanna74

Reaction score
Ugh. I am dreading the side effects. I just keep telling myself that the vaccine—-side effects and all—-beats getting covid.

RSteve

Reaction score
I just keep telling myself that the vaccine—-side effects and all—-beats getting covid.
Absolutely! One of my friends was very leary about getting vaccinated because he always seemed to get sick after getting the flu vaccine. Before the Covid vaccine was so widely available, he was offered vaccination because he is immune suppressed with Crohn's Diseased. He declined and contracted Covid. After weeks hospitalized, he's home and doing better. He has now been vaccinated.

Blackhorse

Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Just got my second Pfizer injection yesterday morning. Whew. My energy level is typically good in the morning and low in the evening but it’s been that way nearly forever so maybe I won’t notice a big change. Arm is sore already after only 18 hours. Feeling kinda tired too. But it’s nearly 3 a.m. so there’s that.

Brewdude

Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Fortunately I did not experience any side effects after either my first or second shot of the Pfizer vaccine. Arm was mildly sore for 24 hrs but only if I pressed on it. There again I never have had a reaction to any flu shot and I've been getting them for more years than I can remember.

Cheers,

RR