The Ford Lightning

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
All electric pick-up. So many TV ads and when I read about it, FOMOCO says they have 5 times the number of orders than they'll produce for 2022. Why keep up the expense of the advertising? It just raises the price of every Ford vehicle.

Don't they usually buy time in a huge number of slots? A package deal for so many plays?

Don't they usually buy time in a huge number of slots? A package deal for so many plays?
Some yes, some short term depending on many factors. With the Lightning, the product is sold out. Advertising it when it's not available just angers the potential buyer.

I agree. Don't advertise. Don't anyone advertise. I hate advertisements.
The mute button is the most used button on my TV remote control. I mute advertisements all the time except for Liberty Mutual advertisements, "Did it work?"

Advertising on one exceptional product line spills over into sales on other product lines. I’ll Gar-rone-tee you one thing…Ford knows what they’re doing re the cost effectiveness of their advertising.

MSRP entry level on the F-150 Lightning is $40K. TRY to find one for that. 😄

Try to find any decent pickup for that. Thought about replacing my 2012 Ram 1500 Laramie. A comparable new one is $65K+. Guess I will just drive this one into the ground, lol.

Advertising on one exceptional product line spills over into sales on other product lines. I’ll Gar-rone-tee you one thing…Ford knows what they’re doing re the cost effectiveness of their advertising.
Absolutely. It creates hype and demand. As if an automobile can be a collector's item and rarity. People love to have what others can't have. And those with quirky impatience will lower, or just change, their expectations and look elsewhere in the brand. Selling out of something is good business in 2022. I mean...look at the whole thing with the Peterson 4AB (did I get that model # right?). I don't think that is all that far removed from any other "demand is greater than supply, and that's how we prefer it" situation today.

Being from a farm town where everyone drove around beater pickups, I still have a difficult time getting my brain wrapped around $60K trucks. Car prices in general blow my mind, but that is one of the more head-spinning deals. Honestly, a $500K Bentley makes more sense to me than a $60K truck. A handful of years ago, a brother of mine had a 2012 Dodge truck he wanted to sell me for $1500. Perfectly maintained, as he is a gearhead and only had the truck around because he had the space and in case he might need it. It was a steal that I screwed up by not buying.

The ford lighting I like is the ones from 1993-1996. A 240 hp 351W that was pretty quick. Very nice trucks

Absolutely. It creates hype and demand. As if an automobile can be a collector's item and rarity. People love to have what others can't have. And those with quirky impatience will lower, or just change, their expectations and look elsewhere in the brand. Selling out of something is good business in 2022. I mean...look at the whole thing with the Peterson 4AB (did I get that model # right?). I don't think that is all that far removed from any other "demand is greater than supply, and that's how we prefer it" situation today.

Being from a farm town where everyone drove around beater pickups, I still have a difficult time getting my brain wrapped around $60K trucks. Car prices in general blow my mind, but that is one of the more head-spinning deals. Honestly, a $500K Bentley makes more sense to me than a $60K truck. A handful of years ago, a brother of mine had a 2012 Dodge truck he wanted to sell me for $1500. Perfectly maintained, as he is a gearhead and only had the truck around because he had the space and in case he might need it. It was a steal that I screwed up by not buying.
Zeno, only one problem. A Bently won't pull a horse trailer, lol. Yep you shoulda bought the Dodge.