The 'Forgotten War'?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulldog Bruce

Reaction score
58 years ago today what is called the 'Korean Conflict' began. Some call it the 'Forgotten War'. I wasn't even born until the year that war ended, but I can assure you it is anything but 'forgotten' by those who served there or their families, and in particular the families of those KIA and wounded.

Bd

Never Forget!!!

I had a very close friend who served in Korea and two tours of Vietnam... SgtMjr Virgil Vandeventer.

RIP Virg, you were a true warrior,a true friend..

The day is coming up when we can celebrate the courage of this nation.

Thanks bulldog.

Happy Fourth to all.

Notwithstanding every moral outrage of every war,,,,,,,,,,,A FALLEN SOLDIER IS A FALLEN SOLDIER!

I salute em all.

Even' All, I sponsor a 77 yo man who was a belly gunner in Korea, he had 35 yrs sober, he is now coming up on the Fourth of July with two yrs, eternal vigilance is the price we pay for our sobriety! Ken :tongue:
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue: From The Northeast Kingdom! :tongue:

My father joined the naval reserve after WW2,he thought there wouldn't be any more wars.He was called up and did 2 years during Korea.

Ken,I didn't know that you were another friend of Bill's.I am 15 years and active
as I can be.I think there are a few of us here.

Winslow

Another one of Bill's boys here too. Still hanging on. Happily.

Bruce,

Thanks for bringing this up! God bless those who served and thank the Lord that they were able to keep communism from spreading south over there.

My father served in Korea during the Korean Conflict. He was an only child and when he enlisted he technically didn't have to go to the front but volunteered to anyway. His mother, my grandmother had a nervous breakdown while he was fighting over there. They told me it was pretty bad. My dad would never talk much about it. He did tell me a few stories that led me to believe that it was a very nasty war.

Winslow":12n3qlba said:
... Ken,I didn't know that you were another friend of Bill's.I am 15 years and active as I can be.I think there are a few of us here. Winslow
More than 25 years clean and sober, and every day is still a struggle. That's why we have to be supportive of anyone who is willing to take the first step.

Bob R

thomas james":ifj8wn6d said:
The day is coming up when we can celebrate the courage of this nation.

Thanks bulldog.

Happy Fourth to all.

Notwithstanding every moral outrage of every war,,,,,,,,,,,A FALLEN SOLDIER IS A FALLEN SOLDIER!

I salute em all.
Take my word for it TJ, to those of us who have seen combat, there is nothing more outrageous.

Bd

Never Forget!

One of my old biker friends was a Korean War veteran. R.I.P., Bill "Papa Smurf" Sexton.

Smokey :pipe: