The generousity of this board never ceases to amaze!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This board is made up up some incredibly kind and generous members. I was recently gifted this -

lOdrH6S.jpg" style="width: 600px;height: 400px

T5l8xz9.jpg" style="width: 600px;height: 400px

As you can see it's a Bjarne, and a very special one at that. Here's the back story from this generous individual-

This is a pipe that was made by Bjarne Nielsen ( pictured below ) back in 1990. He gave it to me as a gift when he visited the States (1994) and we met up for a few days. It's yet to be smoked!

There's more to that communication, but it would be best to keep it private as it gets much too personal and I'm sure he would not want it made public. I believe he'd prefer to remain anonymous.

In short, he saw that I was "a bent kind of guy" and decided to gift this incredible pipe to me. And knowing it's history as I do now, as well as the individual makes it all that much more special.

The pics are not mine and don't nearly do it the justice it deserves. The flame and straight grain are beguiling, the stem is thin and very comfortable, the button wide, the draw is effortless, the weight is light, and it feels great in the hand. Just my kind of shape. In Goldilocks terms, it's "just right". Very elegant, and it will take pride of place in my modest lil' collection.

Knowing the history of this pipe, including and especially seeing as it was made by Bjarne Nielsen himself, plus the very generous person who gifted it to me will forever make it one of my most treasured pipes. That he singled me out to receive this is a very humbling experience!

Again, this board never ceases to amaze me. I am truly not worthy!

949348.gif

Cheers,

RR

BD, if someone called me 'a bent kind of guy' I'd have clobbered him :)
Which is probably why you have that beautiful pipe and I don't :p

Adam

Pretty pipe; pretty damn generous gift.

You must be living right!