The Gnarly Great Gruesome Generic Winter Holiday Mission

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blackhorse":xndc5yc1 said:
No, no...I’m just totally pissed re relatives we don’t like announcing they plan to spend Christmas at our place this year. And we still have most of the furniture stacked into the corners due to the remodel and we’re in the middle of painting the entire interior...and they plan on taking a train in but then staying at a motel, which requires us to drive everybody back and forth 4 times a day...and they’re arriving on the Thursday prior so we have ‘em for close to a week...and they all have special diets and are either too incompetent or too infirm to give any help...and all they do is bitch about life, politics and each other...want to be waited on...sit in my chair so I literally have no place to park my butt when my back starts to throb...and generally turning what should be and usually is a joy filled time into a nightmare from hell.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!  Jesus shoot me now!

Whew! I thought that would help...but it didn’t.

Sorry.
Preach Brother!

Sounds like my last Thanksgiving. I will light a candle for you...... And your bride. You'll both need it. I'll also make offerings to the Great Pug Protector Snarf to help Watson with his upcoming anxiety.

Lesath":po6hlh4x said:
In order to prevent anyone getting ideas of visiting the haunts of our stalwart squadron mate, you should know that Ava is the county seat of what is commonly known amongst us old timers as, "Booger" County.
That's because it's a booger to get anyone to do anything. Forget the Booger Man. We get along just fine. ;)

I’ve been out of commission for a little bit, but if you still have room for another bomber in the run, count me in BH!

You got it Bub. Around here we tend to ENABLE rather than DISCOURAGE.

Orders sent.

Current Mission Roster...

1. Commander K...X
2. CoCommander BH...X
3. Lesath...X
4. Warlock Bob...X
5. fsu92john...X
6. Briar Beagle...X
7. Timbo...X
8. GrampaGrossbart...X
9. Fr_Tom...X
10. AlphaWarrior....X
11. OzarkWizard...X
12. Simple Man...X
13. MichaelM...X
14. nismo27Or...X

BH, if you need to run and duck for cover... you know where I live! The relatives can't find you if we have a smokescreen deployed. :drunken:

Thanks guys...I appreciate the multiple offers of a bunker cot, etc. But I would eventually return and find every dish, glass, cup and utensil in the house dirty and dumped on the counter where it was last used...no TP in any of the bathrooms and towels all over the floor...the larder picked clean...you know the drill. Better to be here and mostly keep up with the animals.

:fpalm:

Blackhorse":ch7zsbdm said:
Thanks guys...I appreciate the multiple offers of a bunker cot, etc. But I would eventually return and find every dish, glass, cup and utensil in the house dirty and dumped on the counter where it was last used...no TP in any of the bathrooms and towels all over the floor...the larder picked clean...you know the drill. Better to be here and mostly keep up with the animals.

:fpalm:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DPuH5zcxqRk" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

:lol!:

Awrite pilots, listen up. Couple announcements this morning...

First...Nismo...check your IN box. Orders are sitting there getting old.

Second...B Beagle...yer prize pkg is boxed and ready to go out on the mail plane. Be on the lookout fer somethin’ really new, yet old plus something that time has it’s grip on. You’ll see what I mean.

Third...the rest of all y’all...be looking out fer the next pop contest.

That’s all. Dismissed.

OK...first two contest prize boxes are out and on their way.

OH! By the way. Did I mention that at least at this point once you’ve won a contest here you are INELIGIBLE for further contests in this thread. Just spreading the wealth around, etc.

Don’t worry...there’s only going to be the one car. 8)

Personally, I'm eyeing that year's supply of turtle wax! Should be just the thing for my...shell briar.

Well FINALLY.  All pilots have checked in acknowledging receipt of their orders.

So...X signifies the above.

P signifies the award of a contest PRIZE and the related ineligibility for future contests within this mission.

So here then is the current mission roster...

Current Mission Roster...

1. Commander K...X
2. CoCommander BH...X
3. Lesath...X
4. Warlock Bob...X
5. fsu92john...X
6. Briar Beagle...X...P
7. Timbo...X
8. GrampaGrossbart...X
9. Fr_Tom...X
10. AlphaWarrior....X...P
11. OzarkWizard...X
12. Simple Man...X
13. MichaelM...X
14. nismo27Or...X

Way to go pilots, and winners. So...Monday morning, and it’s time for another of our little contests.

————————-

Monday Morning Christmas Contest (MMCC)

Again related to our captive Commander Ozzie...

We know he feeds and cares for a number of animals on his digs. Sometimes they’re a joy, sometimes an aggravation and occasionally they’re unexpected. He’s posted about his Llamas (the joy) and his sheep (the aggravation)...but what animals has he fed and cared for that were unexpected?

I’m thinking of one specific animal. The winner will be the first to respond by listing that animal. If a pilot lists an animal that might by chance qualify correctly, but is not the one I’m thinking of, they do not win. There’s a bonus on this one for describing the specific incident that alerted me to this. Again, other incidents might be described, but only the one I’m thinking of will result in the bonus prize being awarded.

Ozzie is not eligible for this one. Of course, AlphaWarrior and BriarBeagle are not eligible, as past winners. So there it is. Have at it you lubbers.