The Gnarly Great Gruesome Generic Winter Holiday Mission

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OOPS.  I read your message wrong.  I thought you said he was correct.

I was in an alcoholic blackout anyway, so I am prone to do unexpected things like this.  (I've gotta lay off the heavy doses of Snapple)

My sincerest (sober) apologies BH.

BB

BriarBeagle":thugwf4k said:
A few minutes of research should shed some light on the matter.  C'mon people!

Does no one else here like contests and prizes?!!!
I figured as per usual contest regs we're only allowed one guess per round, but just to assuage my curiosity I went poking around through the archives...and an hour later I may be a little wiser as to BoB happenings in general but not this item in particular! So much for a few minutes for this researcher :/

GrampaGrossbart":9kvhymb1 said:
BriarBeagle":9kvhymb1 said:

I figured as per usual contest regs we're only allowed one guess per round, but just to assuage my curiosity I went poking around through the archives...and an hour later I may be a little wiser as to BoB happenings in general but not this item in particular! So much for a few minutes for this researcher :/
Ditto! :drunken: :lol:

GrampaGrossbart":vt8vjm13 said:
BriarBeagle":vt8vjm13 said:

Clue #2: I did one of the most basic searches possible using the engine here. I used a single word search term. One result came up...the one that resulted in this contest thing. Anyone cycling through a couple of possible searches should find the answer in a couple of minutes. Just apply a little logic to it and you can win.

Blackhorse":h5vn7tm5 said:
GrampaGrossbart":h5vn7tm5 said:
BriarBeagle":h5vn7tm5 said:

Clue #2: I did one of the most basic searches possible using the engine here. I used a single word search term. One result came up...the one that resulted in this contest thing. Anyone cycling through a couple of possible searches should find the answer in a couple of minutes. Just apply a little logic to it and you can win.
Haha yeah, nope, not this Luddite. I for one am looking forward to feeling very silly when someone actually cracks it and I see what was staring me in the face for the last couple days :)

GrampaGrossbart":fadjb9ry said:
Blackhorse":fadjb9ry said:
GrampaGrossbart":fadjb9ry said:
BriarBeagle":fadjb9ry said:

Haha yeah, nope, not this Luddite. I for one am looking forward to feeling very silly when someone actually cracks it and I see what was staring me in the face for the last couple days :)
Don't feel bad. I spent another half hour or so searching, even though I am ineligible. :lol: I guess we just don't know what search terms to put in, I have a HUGE list of searches that provided no helpful results. I'm guessing there are others too, we can't be that bad. :scratch: :lol:

And we have a winner! Lesath hits the gong,,,snags the brass ring...gets a pie in the face...ooops, wait! Belay that last one.

Copied text from an Ozzie post in late June...

”Went out to feed the llamas and sheep, and while wandering about with the 'candy bucket' (Sweet feed) a bit ago I noticed about twice as many brown llamas. When I really looked, it turned out it was actually nine deer, in the paddock area, drinking and eating the alfalfa I had put out earlier. They were all watching me, and I just did my rounds. Before I could get out the gate, deer and llamas shared the evening treats together. One doe followed me out to the gate!”

Whew! What a relief. So Lesath, Congrats. Your prize will either be sent with your regular Christmas box or separately. Not sure at this point. Hectic around here with relatives due any day, finalizing painting the whole interior here (walls & trim) (curse you Chip & Joanna Gaines), last minute Christmas shopping/wrapping/mailing, getting food in line for a five day run, running this mission, doing the regular Bombing here, trying to figure one more contest out for this gig, getting stuff together for Christmas Eve services at church, getting ready to send our boy off to Tokyo, yadda yadda yadda. I know...excuses, excuses. But as you might guess I have little patience for guys whining about being too busy to send out one little monthly mission bomb. Everybody’s got stuff to do - just a matter of priorities.

Anyway...Lesath wins a very nice Charatan Prince and an aged tin of fine tobacco. Not too shabby.

Ah, that lovely finish, and that unique bit...  Always room for a stray Charatan here.  Life is good in the BOB Squadron.  Just for your peace of mind, I promise not to sully it with latakia. Thank you very much.

Looks like I'm about to get P'd on :affraid: However, if I'm not mistaken, by my calculations, there might be a bit of ordinance on the descent phase.  They're going to be "wiped" out. :twisted:  Merry Christmas. :santa:

Lesath":69xwm7oy said:
I bet they went back for more.  I remember my first green moment.  Didn't deter me for too long.
Mine involved carburetor spray from working on a lawnmower in an enclosed garage and white owl cigars that we "borrowed" from my friends dad. I have NEVER been sicker in my life! Puked my guts up and laid in a snowbank sweating my butt off. I swore I would never smoke again! :lol: I STILL have an aversion to cigars until today.