The Holidays Are Officially Over

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You had KFC tonight? What did you have for Christmast dinner? :lol:

Spoiled I say! :D

Kentucky Fried Chicken made using the Good Colonels recipe is indeed a holiday treat.

as an aside.... His original restaurant is located about 16 miles from where I grew up...
even more for what its worth... He and my cousin are buried next to each other, neighbors ya might say.. 2 southeast Kentucky boys, made it big and moved to Louisville, one loved to cook, one loved to eat.. pretty neat.

PB,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,everybody's your cousin.

as an aside,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,do the Sanders say the Colonel is buried next to pb's cousin?

Couldn't resist.

What about all of those fruit cakes you have stacked up in your cellar?

:santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa:

You know it,
actually my cousin Dalen was one of the last true innocent men on the planet, he knew no hatred, carried no grudges, didnt understand how to cheat someone muchless want to, when he asked "how are you" it wasnt a rhetorical mindless greeting..he'd take food off his plate to insure you had plenty... TJ,I miss him. I the Sanders should be honered to have him associated. The world needs more men like him.

RIP Mr Sizemore 1975-2004

PB "RIP Mr Sizemore 1975-2004"

Now I get your affection expressed for Grady about 6 or 7 months ago... I'm Slow but the memory is still there.

:lol: 8) 8) 8) Paul

edited to add "cool" faces 8)

Oh no TJ, Its not very often I get to talk about him..... Its a sad story about a man taken way before he should have been, but ya gotta love the ending.. I know he would laugh about it.

Another quickie... His wife is the promotions manager at a radio conglomerate, she always has free food and cd's, concert tickets, etc etc etc. One day me and Dalen went fishing. He asked if I was hungry. "Sure whatcha got in mind?" "How bout White Castle?" about 10 minutes later out he comes with 100 whitecastles...lol..his wife had givin him a book of freeburger coupons because she couldnt give em away. 100 Sliders, two fishin poles, and a couple hillbillys on the bank of Taylorsville lake. :lol: Twas a good thing. FWIW. Bass dont like sliders either. :lol:

Puffs... No relation.. least i dont think so

What's a White Castle, PB?

Speaking of "original" restaurants (sp). In high school, our hang out was the original McDonalds (Downey, California) STILL remember the sign,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,"Over 100,000 sold",,,,,,,,,,,,,REALLY!

No 'WhiteCastle' in Cali? hmm.. how do you desribe a WhiteCastle.. They specialize in these little 2x2 square hamburgers with steamed buns and a chopped onion dress. They are affectionatly know as 'Sliders' due to the rate of travel from mouth to err ummm the exit door. I could have sworn I've seen WhiteCastles in Cali, but then again they are pretty strict on hazmat out there.. :D

Square hamburgers? Too damned funny, but makes sense for Kentucky. My mother-in-law says she has never seen chicken parts that look like KFC stuff. She's from Montana and should know because she whacked off lots of chicken's heads.

Actually I think White Castles came from Michigan originally... they are damn near nation wide.

TJ,

You think square hamburgers are funny they have chicken ring burgers too. Looks like an onion ring but it's chicken. PB is right about the "Slider" thing. If you've a need to get regular, just try a six pack of sliders. You'll have the whisteling Dixies by the next morning.

Rolling on the floor choking my ass off. Peterson spigot stuck sideways in my mouth.

:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

Yeah,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the holidays are over!

puros_bran":67bnsax1 said:
No 'WhiteCastle' in Cali? hmm.. how do you desribe a WhiteCastle.. They specialize in these little 2x2 square hamburgers with steamed buns and a chopped onion dress. They are affectionatly know as 'Sliders' due to the rate of travel from mouth to err ummm the exit door. I could have sworn I've seen WhiteCastles in Cali, but then again they are pretty strict on hazmat out there.. :D
White Castle burgers are how you know that God has a sense of humor, but they are good going down, especcially for breakfast after a night of adult beverages. Sadly, PB is right; you only rent them.

I don't know morleysson, I think all the White Catles I ate have moved in permanently at my belt line :D