The "House" medical drama

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I plan on starting House some time this week as it has been recommended to me on a number of occasions. Hugh Laurie is quite famous over here from shows such as Black Adder and Jeeves and Wooster.

My wife and I have been watching House religiously since its first season. Great show! It is like a medical Holmes but with excellent comedic writing that doesn't take away from the Holmesian effect of the character of Greg House.

Has anyone ever watched Geeves and Wooster? It's a pretty funny british series that fall slightly under the mystery genre. But it's greatest redeeming quality is Hugh Laurie's comedic acting. He acts like an over grown school boy in the series - much different than the House character, but just a little of the silly prankster/school boy rears his head in House from time to time. Worth checking out.

The BBC Jeeves & Wooster is awesome... also starring a one-time pipe smoker of the year (and all-around aweome fellow) Stephen Fry.

Well whats good about jeeves and wooster is that Hugh is acting along side his best friend Stephen Fry. I don't know how well known Stephen Fry is over in the US but here in the UK he is a national treasure. Also a pipe smoker.

Edit: Doc manhatten got there first.

No worries! I've been a fan for a while, raised as I was by parents who were big Blackadder fans.

P.S. I was shocked to see Mr. Fry on a recent (for the US market) Top Gear, and my goodness he's lost a lot of weight.

Yes apparentley he has gone from being 22stone (139.7 Kg) to 16stone. (100 Kg) Done by walking and resistence training.