The Las Vegas Intl Pipe Show 2022

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveinlax

Reaction score
The Las Vegas Intl Pipe Show 2022. "A Bowl Full of Memories" Web Site and Hotel Reservation Update.

The Web page will continue to be a work in progress but we're live at Las Vegas International Pipe Show
You are now able to reserve rooms at our discounted rate from our vegaspipeshow.com site or by calling The Palace Station at 800-634-3101 and use discount code: PCIPS22

We also want to announce our Friday Collectors Showcase, a show and tell event where we encourage everyone to bring some highlights from their collection for display from 5 to 7. It's a great chance to show off and to see some great wood in a casual, smoke friendly environment. We want to bring back this aspect of pipe shows that's been missing for years so please start thinking about what you can bring along!

I'll Update This Thread as they come. Thank You

Last edited:
We Are Now Taking Table, Awards Dinner and Show Admission Reservations in addition to Room Reservations for The Las Vegas Intl Pipe Show Oct 21st, 22nd and 23rd 2022 at The Palace Station at vegaspipeshow.com

Just a quick Las Vegas Intl Pipe Show 2022 Update!
We've had a great response to the show. We've Posted an Updated Room Block under the Hotel Reservation tab at vegaspipeshow.com. Our first block sold out quickly and we're anticipating The Palace Station will be sold out so I'd encourage you to Book Now to avoid disappointment!
We still have a few Exhibitor Tables available. Reserve yours now and you'll we get you're name on the Exhibitor List on the site.
Saturday Night Awards Dinner and Show Admission Tickets are also Available. If you buy your Admission Tickets early online you'll get a Chance at Winning a Four Horseman Pipe Set, that's a Collaboration with Eldritch Pipes, Northern Briars, Chris Askwith and Blakemar Briars or a Two Pipe "Coffee and Tobacco" Set by Yiannos Kokkinos generously donated by our sponsor David Dorian Ross of thevirtualpipeclub.com!

We're Eight Weeks Out From The Las Vegas Intl Pipe Show 2022!

ED4B74FE-2F3B-43C3-86AE-1CB6059DD5EA.jpeg

We're Excited to Announce Nate King will be Speaking At Our
Awards Dinner on His Life From Indy Car to Pipe Carver!

299787329_10218369588666129_8992196390638633984_n.jpg

For Show Details, Tables, Admission and Dinner Tickets Check Out
www.vegaspipeshow.com!

887D1A05-2225-4728-B781-4F648E282CC3.png

We’re 4 weeks out from The Las Vegas Intl Pipe Show 2022!

Sept 26th is the last day to get in on the drawing for one of the pipe sets! The show is shaping up to be a great time with over 75 tables and over 140 pre sold admissions! We have around 60 guests attending Saturday’s Awards Dinner but have room for more.

Unfortunately we sold out our room blocks with around 400 total room nights booked. We’re recommending just getting a room reserved anywhere and keep checking back with The Palace Station as additional rooms my be released. It’s just a short Taxi or Uber ride from any hotel downtown or on the strip.
www.vegaspipeshow.com

Last edited:
This is not new information but I CAN"T WAIT! Really excited to be getting back to a show and this one is gonna be a blast. Thanks for all your efforts, Dave.

1470343905-ca7100f3fb528c63-1470343882941-pshotelexterior-new02-lowrez.jpeg

We're One Week Away from The Las Vegas Intl Pipe Show! For those attending, we can't wait to see you, Safe Travels! For those who are unable to attend, you will be missed but you can keep up with everything by following The Show on social media starting with #vegaspipeshow and #lvips. Check out www.vegaspipeshow.com for an updated list of our Exhibitors.

The 2022 Las Vegas Intl Pipe Show is history and I've had a couple quiet days to reflect on the show. First, the show was a success! We met or exceeded our expectations and are already planning the 2023 show. There was a positive vibe and noticeable buzz going though the show all weekend. People were constantly coming up thanking us and I would turn it around and genuinely thank them for coming because we're were doing this for them. We met our goal for tables and exceeded expectations for pre and walk in admissions. Money was flowing both ways, our vendors reported they had a great show and I heard estate buyers did well too. IMO the artisan carvers were the highlight of the show. I had a couple of carvers say they had their best show ever. I picked up a large black blasted billiard with a silver band from Minnesota carver Jeremiah Sandahl.

Thursday things really got going on the 14th floor with many rooms open for business. It was a late night with smoke filled rooms filled with folks I hear having a great time until 4am. I was up with our LVIPS Hospitality Suite till 2:30 Thursday, Friday, Saturday and things broke up early Sunday a 1am.

Friday the rooms were busy until we opened registration and the Las Vegas Intl Pipe Show Smoking Lounge at 5pm. The line was long when we opened the doors but we managed with the help of our wives and volunteers to get everyone in pretty quickly. The Collectors Showcase was a hit. We had 6 8ft tables full of some great wood to look at including a WO Larsen retrospective laid out with a printed handout by my buddy Rex Poggenpohl. I showed off my little Castello shape 30 collection and was able to add another piece to that group with a Perla Nera the next day!
Saturday came early but guys were waiting to setup when we opened the door at 8am. There was another long line waiting for the show to open to the public at 10am. Again with the help from our wives and volunteers we got people in very quickly. We were overwhelmed with raffle donations and ticket sales. With the help of volunteers including BoB member @BriarBeagle we pulled numbers for around 30 very generous prize lots at 2 and 4pm followed by the drawing for the pre sale pipe sets. A lot of people went home very happy they bought raffle tickets. We really wanted to welcome the YTPC and social media pipe groups to the show and content creators kept our 2 "social media studio" tables busy throughout the show Saturday and Sunday. Checkout our various hashtags starting with #LVIPS2022 and #vegasppipeshow and go from there for pictures and search Las Vegas Intl Pipe Show on YouTube and where you download podcasts.

The Saturday Awards Dinner exceeded exceptions with 88 tickets sold. Dinner was delicious and Show Award Clocks were given to Kurt Ballbey, Best Pipe of Show, Murf's Sculpted Pipes, Best Hobbyist Display and Smokingpipes, Best Industry Display Nate King gave an interesting talk about his world in transitioning from being an Indy Car pit lane mechanic to pipe carver. The smoking lounge was packed till it closed at midnight and everyone headed to the 14th floor to keep the party going late.

Sunday was another good day for sales and fellowship. The lounge and "social media studio" tables were busy right up to when the show closed at 3 and we cleared the room at 5pm before we again took the smoke filled fun to the 14th floor for another late night before we said goodbye in the morning.

Thanks to our Sponsors, The Virtual Pipe Club, C&D, PipesMagazine.com, Cup O' Joes, Sutliff a McBaren Company, TinBids, Savinelli, PipeStud, Missouri Meerschaum and Friends Fred Janusek, Bill Pope, Rick Newcombe and especially to everyone who donated to and bought raffle tickets. Until we gather in Vegas again in 2023 please support other the pipes show in your area! Thanks, Dave