The Last Frontier

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fatman

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
One of the upsides of living in Anchorage is that you're only a short drive away from Alaska. Took the dog for a short jaunt, about a 5 min drive from the house and I took a couple of pictures of trail signs, for the enjoyment of my non Alaskan friends.

So, when the salmon are on their spawning run the local trails can have a bit of excitement.

image13.jpg

Showed my son that last line. Sprite shot out his nose and I got roundly smacked but it was sooo worth it.

Jim

I lived in Ketchikan for eight years and had numerous bear visitors to our house...especially in the Fall. My neighbors got it worse, since they left their household garbage out. Idiots.

After a long night of drinking and cards one of the idiots stepped out on the back porch for a cigarette and another neighbor's Black Lab was nosing around the garbage too. That was more than he could abide so he yelled at the dog and kicked it. Then it stood up on its back legs, about eight feet tall, and roared at him really load. The guy conceeded the garbage.

:affraid:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rPZNjtODzFI" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>