The Last Nimitz.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puros_bran

Reaction score
The last Nimitz to be built is out undergoing seatrial. Hopefully by this time next year America will have her newest Aircraft Carrier, CVN 77 George HW Bush. She is only the second aircraft carrier named after a Naval Aviator,the other being CVA 59 Forrestal, but is the 9th to be named after a President. CVN 77 will be the tansition ship to the new. Ford class carrier. The ship will contain weapon, radar, and an open architect information system not found in any other current naval vessel. One other interesting feature is a reduced crew need over former carriers, this will help relieve ulcers in all Navy recruiters. I'm unsure of the crew numbers for this ship but her sister ships have a compliment of 5680 sailor and airmen, even a 5% reduction would be significant.
The next class of carriers named after the first in class CVN 78 Gerald H Ford has been under construction for 2 years and promises mind numbing tech such as stealth ability,plasma arc waste disposal (light saber shitters) and electromagnetic catapults. I have no doubt this ship will be a fitting memory of President Ford who spent most of his life in the Navy and other public service. Hopefully the plankowning skipper is a fellow piper.

Yes.. I can't remember the commision date or the death date but there is also a carrier named after Reagan.
The christining ephasised his service as a Naval Airman, not his Presidency.

Probably was a political thing,especially considering the hull was layed down under his son's administration,but from what I gather the Navy was proud that one of their own was a President...