THE MANCAVE IS FINALLY COMPLETE (pic heavy)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonanzadriver

Reaction score
I'm sure by now that most of you have grown tired of my incessant posts and pics about my lil hidey-hole in the attic. So for those of you that have grown weary, I apologize.

But, as I have commented in the past, I have been on the lookout for some tables to complete the room. One for my 35 year old hand carved marble chess set, and one to have beside my chairs for my ashtray, drinks, lighters, etc...

Consequently I've been perusing CL, thrift shops and garage sales in search of a bargain, yet appropriate table or two.

As luck would have it I stumbled upon a fresh post on CL last night. I immediately knew that these were the right tables so I reached out the the lady that had em for sale.

Barbara, a sweet retired lady, shared with me that she was redecorating her retirement home and that she had been trying to sell the tables through various locations in her community for the last month or so.

She had originally wanted $250 for the set but had dropped em to $125 and placed em on CL.

I hopped in Blondies minivan this morning and made the hour drive up to Cary to look em over. They are about 15 years old and have a few signs of wear and tear but are for the most part in excellent shape.

I asked if she would take $100? She politely declined my offer but countered @ $110.

So, I know what you all are thinking.... You can't believe that I would pay more than $100 for anything in the mancave, and normally you'd be right, but in this case, she was a sweet older lady in her 80's and I made an exception. ;-)

CL0U3rh.jpg

Z684Nej.jpg

GnvdvjB.jpg

abaqBsM.jpg

6qXD2B5.jpg

Congrats on the final touches! Love the room and its direction away from "traditional" Man Cave and towards a much more traditional "Gentleman's Study"!

Fine looking table! Worth the money in my opinion. Great looking mancave, too!

Walt

pepesdad1":g7trxc6j said:
Fine looking table!  Worth the money in my opinion.  Great looking mancave, too!

Walt

Thanks PD.

Having my home office serving double duty as my mancave has it's distinct advantages... i.e. the temptation of grabbing a pipe or cigar while working at my desk. I know, I know, it's a raw deal, but I'll take one for the team. ;-)

The door swings both ways though. There are times that I'm sitting in my chair enjoying a pipe, look over at the desk and realize that there are a few more things I could probably get done. Again, a raw deal, but one I'll have to learn to live with. 8)

Thanks PD.

Having my home office serving double duty as my mancave has it's distinct advantages... i.e. the temptation of grabbing a pipe or cigar while working at my desk. I know, I know, it's a raw deal, but I'll take one for the team. ;-)

The door swings both ways though. There are times that I'm sitting in my chair enjoying a pipe, look over at the desk and realize that there are a few more things I could probably get done. Again, a raw deal, but one I'll have to learn to live with. 8)
Any humidor in there?