The Me Too Movement

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
I admit that it has made me very timid about saying a woman looks nice. This past weekend I went on a "date" for the first time since the pandemic began. The date was arranged by mutual friends, but I was familiar with the woman and her late husband, but didn't actually know the woman. Her husband was very prominent and quite wealthy, fifteen to twenty years older than his wife. I don't know exactly how old she is, but I'm pretty sure she's about 68 to 70. It's quite obvious that she's had some "work" done by a very skilled plastic surgeon; not a wrinkle in her neck. She's stunningly beautiful and even in very casual attire, it's apparent that she's in the gym a lot.
When we arranged the date, I asked her if she wouldn't mind driving, because my night vision stinks. I got no objections. She lives in a condo overlooking the Minnesota River about 10 minutes from my house and we were going to a nearby restaurant in Mendota Heights, where she lives.
There was the initial chit chat...Who do you know? How long have you been widowed? Same usual crap.
Then she sprung it on me. "Is there something about how I look that you find disagreeable. I worried all day about what I'd wear and if I looked okay."
I told her she looked fabulous, much better than I could have imagined, but since the Me Too Movement arrived, I've been extremely reluctant to say anything to a woman about how she looks.
Her answer was interesting but troubling. "I love a compliment from a man I trust and respect, but find it totally offensive from a guy who I think only is interested in getting in my pants."
I asked her how on a first date she can tell one from the other. She smiled and said from the moment the date was made, she'd asked people we both knew what kind of person I am and about my late wife.
I told her, somewhat in jest, that I was offended by the notion that I wouldn't be interested, at some point in time, "getting in her pants." We both laughed.
It was a nice couple of hours. She's looking for a serious relationship; someone with whom she can do a lot of traveling. I said my finances were nothing like hers and I get lonesome for my daughters and grandchildren if I don't see them for a week.
Her reply was telling, "You know we had no children, but I'd enjoy sharing your grandchildren."
I should add she's a retired pediatric urologist, a specialty I didn't even know existed. (a former colleague of my nephew)

Last edited:
So, here's the deal. I like this woman and when she's in town and available would like to spend time with her, but I do not want a serious relationship. My wife, two years younger than me, died in 2008. I didn't date for about two years. Then I began intermittent dating. Two of the women I dated several times have died. I have no desire for a "serious relationship" and, perhaps, an illness or death that would bring me more sorrow. I've had enough.

My wife, two years younger than me, died in 2008. I didn't date for about two years. Then I began intermittent dating. Two of the women I dated several times have died.

If I was a woman and we had gone out (or whatever) I’d very likely avoid a second date…given your dubious dating history. 😘☠️

1646360384211.png