The Mortafied customized Kirsten model F

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnbanjo

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
As most can tell by now my pipe collection is extremely eclectic and while I don't do anything to my Morta, Briar and Meerschaum pipes, unless I have had one commissioned, I do take customizing my Corn Cobs and metal pipes, when there are bowls that will fit properly, to a level that not only is pleasing to the eyes it makes them better smokers.

This morning I'm smoking a customized Kirsten model F with a Morta bowl by Don Warren, it is my hope that some day I will get a brandy shaped Morta bowl for the Limited Edition Gold Falcon but it looks, and smokes, pretty well with the highly carved Meerschaum bowl it currently sports.

Still keeping it smokey with some Orlik Golden Sliced, one I open a tin of this I find it hard to stop smoking it until the tin is empty!
banjo

35538231451_9fbff0b807_z_d.jpg

Real nice Kirsten for sure!!! I've been keeping my eyes open for a Kirsten that's in excellent condition. Hard to find so I'm still looking.
Glad you are enjoying all of your metal pipes. Be well

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Lonecoyote,
I didn't know if you knew that Kirsten is alive and selling pipes for reasonable prices compared to what some places want to get for one that's been mistreated and needs an overhaul which would cost nearly what one of the current new ones do, here is their link https://www.kirstenpipe.com/pipes.html
banjo

Thanks much Banjo. I tried a few times to purchase new and no response to my emails. I will try again. Greatly appreciate the heads up.
Have a wonderful evening.

UPDATE I just sent Stacy an email. Same person I've emailed prior in the past. I will keep you posted. Thanks again.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Banjo, appreciate your help with the info pertaining to a new Kirsten. Stacy finally responded back to my email and apologized for not answering my others from the past 18 months. Seems there were issues with her email client. I sent her the model I'm looking for and tomorrow Stacy will be emailing me more pictures. She is extremely helpful.
Have a great 4th of July and be well young man.... :cheers: :cheers:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Young man :shock: did we turn the clock back again? :lol!: Great news on the Kirsten.
banjo

Well Banjo today I pulled the trigger on a Kirsten pipe with 2 types of stems. After 3 more emails Stacy never got back to me, so I purchased it on eBay. Later I will post a few pictures under PAD & TAD. Glad I saw this picture of you enjoying yours so much.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Lonecoyote":aul5is79 said:
Well Banjo today I pulled the trigger on a Kirsten pipe with 2 types of stems. After 3 more emails Stacy never got back to me, so I purchased it on eBay. Later I will post a few pictures under PAD & TAD. Glad I saw this picture of you enjoying yours so much.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Looking forward to your pics Ted!

Cheers,

RR

They are posted under PAD & TAD. The Kirsten is a beauty. Take a look and give me your opinion.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Lonecoyote":ppgdw3e2 said:
They are posted under PAD & TAD. The Kirsten is a beauty. Take a look and give me your opinion.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Done!

And when I eventually get in a Kirsten, I gotta get one of those bigass Don Warren Morta bowls.

Cheers,

RR

Don is not only a superb craftsman, he is a pleasure to talk too. When your ready for any of his bowls I will give you his contact number so you bypass eBay or Etsy. Save a few bucks towards tobacco....lol.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Lonecoyote":s37lcrvo said:
Don is not only a superb craftsman, he is a pleasure to talk too. When your ready for any of his bowls I will give you his contact number so you bypass eBay or Etsy. Save a few bucks towards tobacco....lol.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Roger that!

Cheers,

RR