The most comfortable pipe in the world...$25.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang Pepesdad those look amazing! Looks like I have another pipe improvement project to work on. Thanks for posting your recipe!

They ARE beautiful. They also offer an alternative to what some folks seek in a Cob...the breathability of the Cob material. Some guys like that, some don’t, some don’t have a clue. MM does offer a few “naked” cobs here and there. Another option is always good.

And as long as I’m dipping into my cache of Febings bottles...I think green would be a great color. Why? I like green. It’s just that simple. :lol:

Green would be fabulous!!! The varnish doesn't seem to affect the breath ability of the cob...at leaset it doesn't seem to...I could be wrong.

pepesdad1":lbrwcssj said:
Green would be fabulous!!!  The varnish doesn't seem to affect the breath ability of the cob...at leaset it doesn't seem to...I could be wrong.
Well, polyurethane is essentially plastic. So you’re spray coating the bowls with high gloss plastic. Seems like that would be detrimental to respiration...etc.

I know you are right...still doesn't seem to affect the breathing of the pipe...maybe I'm too dense to notice, but I've been giving them a workout, with no deleterious effects so far.
The dura coat is applied with a brush...which should make it even worse than spray painting..what do I know?

Walt, those look great. Well done and I'm sure they smoke great as well.

Still waiting for the Charles Towne Cobbler to comer back in stock on MM and sp.

Cheers,

RR

The pipe is still out of stock and was going to be an impulse buy if available. That is a great looking pipe.

pepesdad1":uhf0xxp4 said:
Wanna spruce them up a bit?  1. First sand the cobs lightly using  320 grit wet/dry sandpaper.

2. Then apply Fiebings saddle tan stain to the cob and shank ( I usually put a pipecleaner through the shank with a bend on the
end to keep it from falling out, and for hanging it up to dry. Make sure you wear gloves.

3. Make sure you apply an even coat to the cob and shank. You may want to stain it twice to make sure you have an even coat.

4. Let it dry for several hours (if tacky, let it dry longer)

5. Apply Dura Clear High Gloss Polyurethane Gloss Varnish.  Usually
2 coats.

6. Let dry for 3-4 hours to make sure it is dry to the touch.
WtvpHq9l.jpg
They look tremendous, Walt. :cheers:

Yup, Mr BH, that pipe just looks 'right'.

Hey, do you ever modify your cobs by removing the part of the stem that protrudes into the bowl? I did it on one of my bowls, filling the bottom with a bit of pipe mud. I enjoyed the tinkering part but if I'm honest I can't say that it made any difference to the smoking experience. My other cobs I've just left as is and let nature and several bowls of my baccy of choice take its course.

I've been wanting one of these and thanks to the thread I see they are back in stock.  Promptly ordered one to try. You guys are such enablers. :D I'll report back when I get a chance to smoke it a time or two.

Just finished my inaugural smoke in it. Gotta say it performed flawlessly. Really appreciate the thick walls, and the stem and button are superb and comfortable.

I chose a bowl of MM Country Gentleman, and man that was the best it ever tasted! I liked it OK before but this Cobbler gave it a whole new dimension. Guess it'll be dedicated to that from here on!

Now I'm thinking I should've bought 2!

Cheers,

RR

They ARE pretty nice.. Just wish the bowls weren't so big. I always feel obligated to fill them, and then I'm hitting it for hours!

Ozark Wizard":3c0jf93h said:
They ARE pretty nice.. Just wish the bowls weren't so big. I always feel obligated to fill them, and then I'm hitting it for hours!

Just waiting for somebody to post pics of a new “Frankencob” that uses the stem/shank of the Cobbler with a small size bowl...or Natural...or MacArthur...etc.

(get busy boyos)