The most expensive "Lasieni" I've ever seen!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's some expensive entertainment for sure. And there's another Lasieni item listed on ebay right now.

Fine vintage, but I just don’t see the value it sold for. Sorry to be cynical, but typical “ePrey" … Buyers~who just can’t live without it - Seller~laughing all the way to the bank.

MisterE":44mq17pg said:
OOOOO I love it! :lol:
The price or the pipe? I love all "Lasieni" pipes but I doubt if I will ever pay $400 or more for one of them.

For sure all of the Laseini (Sasieni) collectors are smiling to see the prices the Saseini pipes are bringing. Guess it's like buying stocks. Buy low, sell high.

SpeedyPete":5j0ztf5q said:
MisterE":5j0ztf5q said:
OOOOO I love it! :lol:
The price or the pipe? I love all "Lasieni" pipes but I doubt if I will ever pay $400 or more for one of them.
I collect Sasienis but, nay, $400 is more than I'd pay for one. I laugh because unless you know, the curly Q "S" does look a little like an "L". Also because it shows the overall pipe knowledge (or lack, rather) of the seller. Even more so, L is not even close to S on a keyboard so simple typo it is not.

:lol!:

A few months ago, I thought I had a bullet proof bid on a really nice Sas Four Dot bulldog. I was wrong...
That thing went for a lot!

Harlock999":jpho8jb9 said:
A few months ago, I thought I had a bullet proof bid on a really nice Sas Four Dot bulldog. I was wrong...
Dude, some of them do for quite a bit. Several of my bulletproof bids on Sas Canadians ahave been blown out of the water last minute. I feel your pain...

MisterE":ji95sxbf said:
Harlock999":ji95sxbf said:
Dude, some of them do for quite a bit. Several of my bulletproof bids on Sas Canadians ahave been blown out of the water last minute. I feel your pain...
I've been lucky in the last 2 weeks, picked up a Royal Stuart @ $59.00 and an Old England for $50.00. Both are beauties and smoke like champions.

But, I need a lot more Lasienis, I just love them. They are my Dunnhills.

To those of you who are bemoaning the appearently increasing Sasieni prices, let me say that the better Sasienis and literally any Sasieni are hardly available here in Europe. Nearly all of them had been shipped to the US, where you quys are now trying to acquire them as cheap as possible. I have seen so many beautiful Sasienis, that I´d suppose to feel rather lucky if I ever had the chance to touch such a pipe.

I dont know how many of you are allready familar with Stephen Smith´s little essay on Sasieni Pipes (forgive me if I´m to carrying coals to Newcastle), but it may includes a couple of the stories that might have been motivating someone to spend more then 400 bucks on that Billard.

Expensive or not, it looks excellent - and so is that impressive Rhodesian. Thanks a lot for showing it, Harlock.

Let me say, I know of the make having bought 3 at a flea market in New Jersey in the mid 90’s, if memory serves I spent about $30 for all 3 and in fine light lightly smoked condition …… Good article…Whatever the perceived value.

I like this concept!! Charahill. Savinstello. Dunwoodie. One can go on forever !!