The Obits

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
I read the Mpls Star Tribune and St. Paul Pioneer Press on line, virtually every day. Because I was born and raised in the Twin Cities, MN metro area, as I'm getting older, I'm habitually drawn to reading the obituaries every day to see who I know that's croaked. I'm always happy to recognize no one, but there are days when I recognize several names. I'm better at recognizing the dead men than women, because the dead women may be listed with their married name, which I probably won't recognize.
Both of my parents had several siblings, so there are many cousins; some I've rarely met. Of my generation, I am the youngest of the first cousins. My oldest first cousin, if he were still alive would be 111. It's always a surprise to read an obit and discover that the person was a relative, I'd never met.

I'm just happy to read the obits in the morning and not see my name or picture listed!!!!!! I'm almost 75. Scares the hell out of me to see all the younger-than-I-am crowd in the paper. FTRPLT