The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just in case...here's the blast. Wow...just, wow.

image14.jpg

@Puff Daddy & Blackhorse: great, just great. Now I have to wipe off all the drool that just dripped on my keyboard.

OK - order placed. Finished item should be epic. I think I'll wait on the description til I can do a photo unveil. I'm guessing I'll have it in hand in 1 - 2 weeks...just guessing on that as certain steps in the overall process require that it be shipped out and then back to Mark. Heh, heh. Wait for it.

Interesting sidebar: during my conversations with Mark I discovered that Rad Davis is currently doing the blasts on his pipes with that finish. Certainly can't fault that as 'the best' available.

Blackhorse":ub5xlxd0 said:
OK - order placed. Finished item should be epic. I think I'll wait on the description til I can do a photo unveil. I'm guessing I'll have it in hand in 1 - 2 weeks...just guessing on that as certain steps in the overall process require that it be shipped out and then back to Mark. Heh, heh. Wait for it.

Interesting sidebar: during my conversations with Mark I discovered that Rad Davis is currently doing the blasts on his pipes with that finish. Certainly can't fault that as 'the best' available.

That's been my understanding. Good to see that Rad is still active in pipemaking to some degree. No wonder Mark's pipes always have the finest blasts! And all of mine are.

So you asked for a B&T then Dave? Can't wait to see that one.

:tongue:

Cheers,

RR

Oh no.....no Black & Tan for this kid! Thou jumpest to erroneous conclusions. I can't possibly imagine what would even ever give you that idea! Goodness! It's just crazy!

Heh, heh, heh.

Hey! What am I laughing about. This is like more than six months of my pipe fun budget...which is my only fun budget. Ouch. But a GOOD ouch.

(Note: As an homage to the ultra classic Dunhill #48 Saddle Bulldog I decided to go with a very basic feel. But while the look will be basic, the quality and craft will be absolutely top drawer. It should be a real stunner.)

TAMPER THING HERE

Would you like a matching tamper for your 2015 BoB POY?

Go to the link below and scroll down to the photo of the 4 tampers.

http://www.amsmoke.com/XMAS%20PIPES/13_XMAS_PIPE.html

When I ordered my 2015 BoB POY I mentioned the tampers I had noticed to Mark. I asked if he still did them. He responded that he could indeed do matching tampers...$25 for those ordering a pipe, or someone who has ordered a pipe (I assume that means like in the past)...$50 for new customers that are not ordering a pipe, etc. -  AND instead of stamping it with the Christmas thing he could use the BoB stamp and the year on it...voila...a BoB PIPE AND TAMPER SET...retro to past orders!!!

Question: how fast do you think my additional $25 hit his mailbox. To me, this is a solid Value Added thing.

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

Now that's a shape I could get used to! (Understatement of course; bulldogs & rhodesians are the overwhelming majority of my stable. I type this as I enjoy a bowl of JKP in my Northern Briars premier bulldog.)

Link to Pictorial List of Finishes

http://www.amsmoke.com/XMAS%20PIPES/13_xmas_finishes.html

Note: the photos are from the 2009 Christmas Pipe series and all finishes might not still be available...but photos do provide a clear and accurate view of possibles. If you like one...can't bear to live another day without it...email Mark and find out if it can be done.

And don't forget to order your matching BoB POY tamper!!!

Puff Daddy":h27wpz5u said:
All versions of this pipe are now available, and if there's something a little different you want give Mark a shout. I got mine with a golden brown coral finish and a tortoise acrylic stem. The shape is defined but the finish possibilities are quite variable.

http://webshop.amsmoke.com/Pipes/Club-Pipes/

image15.jpg
Stone the crows, I'm in love. That is simply stunning PD. Coral - what a finish!

Stick":cx503pfs said:
Puff Daddy":cx503pfs said:
All versions of this pipe are now available, and if there's something a little different you want give Mark a shout. I got mine with a golden brown coral finish and a tortoise acrylic stem. The shape is defined but the finish possibilities are quite variable.

http://webshop.amsmoke.com/Pipes/Club-Pipes/

image15.jpg
Stone the crows, I'm in love.  That is simply stunning PD.  Coral - what a finish!

You need one of these mate. Mark's work is simply among the best there is.

Cheers,

RR