The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the pics posted are fantastic. Hard to choose the best one as they're all great in their own ways.

No matter what finish/stem design one just can't go wrong. Mark's engineering is always spot on, and the performance is second to none.

Hope some more BoB'ers take advantage of this way great offer.

8)

Cheers,

RR

I finally got around to ordering mine.
This beauty is on the way.   :cheers:

2015_b10.jpg

2015_b11.jpg

I like the looks of the golden. But for me, it would end up with a darkened rim from hasty lighting.

Thank you to the folks that put their time in to make this happen. I ordered the blast yesterday along with a tamper, thanks for mentioning that Blackhorse!  I'm not a huge fan of the bulldog shape, but the blast changes everything about it for me. I can't wait to see it in person! Now I need to start my POY fund for next year. I have found it's easy to throw a little cash in the piggy bank throughout the year for when this comes up rather than coming up with the money all at once. I'm a tightwad!   :D

Ok, I looove blasted pipes! Buuuuuut, after an email from Mark moments ago I decided on a smooth. Mark said it turned out to be a great candidate for the smooth. I thought that was pretty nice to offer that choice.  :cheers:

Clay":dw0b3x1g said:
Ok, I looove blasted pipes! Buuuuuut, after an email from Mark moments ago I decided on a smooth. Mark said it turned out to be a great candidate for the smooth. I thought that was pretty nice to offer that choice.  :cheers:

OK Clay, so which smooth finish did you opt for?

:rabbit:

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":g9nj4cl8 said:
Clay":g9nj4cl8 said:

OK Clay, so which smooth finish did you opt for?

:rabbit:

Cheers,

RR
I didn't think about that, ha! I'm happy to get this pipe and think whatever Tim sends me I'll be more than excited.  He emailed me a shipping label a little bit ago, this is coming together faster then I thought. I suppose I need to relearn how to post picture here on the computer, I failed this summer goofing around with the phone trying to post pics.  :oops:

Well, it arrived yesterday! Pretty fast for ordering last week. Until I read up again to post a pic, It looks just like the one on page 1. The finish looks to be little lighter. The fit and finish is outstanding!  It's so smooth gliding my finger over the pipe, it feels like it's one piece. The tobacco chamber and airway are spot on. Now I see why Mark has so many fans. I feel compelled to try this baby out here soon, but for the moment it sits next to Scottie's POY from last year, the Steve Norse raffle pipe from last year, both unsmoked, and my David Jones Poker, the special shelf! I'm glad Mark was chosen for this year like the 2012 POY. I had joined at the end of 2012 and never thought I'd spend more than a hundred bucks on a pipe (80 bucks on the poker was the most I'd spent). I also hadn't expected to fall into PAD or TAD  :shock:

Clay":0oaei5h4 said:
Well, it arrived yesterday! Pretty fast for ordering last week. Until I read up again to post a pic, It looks just like the one on page 1. The finish looks to be little lighter. The fit and finish is outstanding!  It's so smooth gliding my finger over the pipe, it feels like it's one piece. The tobacco chamber and airway are spot on. Now I see why Mark has so many fans. I feel compelled to try this baby out here soon, but for the moment it sits next to Scottie's POY from last year, the Steve Norse raffle pipe from last year, both unsmoked, and my David Jones Poker, the special shelf! I'm glad Mark was chosen for this year like the 2012 POY. I had joined at the end of 2012 and never thought I'd spend more than a hundred bucks on a pipe (80 bucks on the poker was the most I'd spent). I also hadn't expected to fall into PAD or TAD  :shock:
Various disorders involving pipe smoking are highly contagious through the Internet haha. Mine smokes great, after some very careful breaking in.

Clay":gjagkkez said:

Look something like this Clay?

2136.jpg

If so, that's a helluva gorgeous finish!

:bounce:

Cheers,

RR

P.S. Just go ahead and smoke it. It's magic!

:alien:

I'm with brewdude, smoke that bad boy! IMHO, it's the best part of owning a high quality pipe

Hermit":ln85q5fc said:

2015_b10.jpg

2015_b11.jpg
I really like this one, just gorgeous blast and color combo! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Dutch":p4iboimh said:
Hermit":p4iboimh said:

2015_b10.jpg

2015_b11.jpg
I really like this one, just gorgeous blast and color combo! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Golden Blast. Ask Mark to make you an amber stem with a slight bend. You won't be sorry. Trust me on this!

8)

Cheers,

RR

This just in from Mark Tinsky-

Hi Rande can you let the guys n the  forum know a black and tan POY has been added to  club pipe section of my web site here s a pix.

2164.jpg

This makes me want to add a second one to the collection!

Cheers,

RR

[ =https://servimg.com/view/19065929/12]
20151112.jpg
[/url]

Here she is! I have decided to smoke it, what though? Ha ha. Something mild with little ghosting qualities. Probably a Virginia and start with, small bowls
first, that's what I've done on the nicer pipes. I've had it for a week and can't decide on what to break it in with, any suggestions? Thinking a Virginia or Burley.
It wasn't to hard doing pictures, now to figure out how to rotate! :lol!:

Black and Red, sounds like a nice blend, I'm on self imposed TAD restriction til next year.
Fortunately I have lots of blends to try just sitting in the tin waiting.

I just popped the top on this tin and will give it a try this afternoon when I head into town.
I love this 2013 BoB POY, it's a very dry smoker.