The Parfait thread!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bent Stem

Reaction score
I've been thinking about trying some parfaits but don't know where to begin.
Please tell us about your parfaits!
How often do you do it?
Preferred pipes/sizes/styles?
Your favorite Parfait tobaccos and in what order?

Edit to add: OK, I tried my first one tonight in large Ascorti Business KS. From top to bottom: Escudo, Anniversary Kake, Penzance, then MM965. I figured I'd start with a light, smooth VaPer, then progress to a slightly stronger sweeter VaPer, then into the creamy latakia blend, and end with a strong smooth English. It was very good! I shared the bowl with my wife so we toked it a little hot by sharing but you could taste each individual blend distinctly as you moved down the bowl (ie; the Escudo on top, initially tasted just like Escudo (only), etc, etc.). I wasn't sure how smoking through the other tobaccos would affect the flavor but it didn't appear to have much affect. I mentioned we burned it a little hot because we smoked down the center part of the bowl fairly quickly and had to tamp and re-mix the remaining tobacco on the sides. Even still you could taste hints of the blends but the stronger latakia blends were predominant (the Penzance and MM965). It seemed to fluctuate between those two mostly towards the end.