The Peterson 4AB POTY Is Coming.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are selling now, and going fast.
Sold out 8:21 EST. At 6:30am they had 55 left, Rusticated and Sandblasted only. After chores I sat down with coffee and Balkan Mixture in an Irish Made 999 there were only 5 rusticated remaining. If everyone who bought one puts out rave reviews on the system configuration we may get an AB line of systems!

Sold out 8:21 EST. At 6:30am they had 55 left, Rusticated and Sandblasted only. After chores I sat down with coffee and Balkan Mixture in an Irish Made 999 there were only 5 rusticated remaining. If everyone who bought one puts out rave reviews on the system configuration we may get an AB line of systems!
That’s a great point. It’s the first pipe I ever bought, with my uncle on a trip to Ireland. I was 14 (I’m 47 now). It was stolen about a year later, and as we all know now, it was discontinued. I couldn’t believe such an archetypal shape would be dropped!

Now I’ve secured one in heritage stain and I happy to being this shape back into the stable.

I got the Ebony today, so now I have the entire set.
4AB_Ebony.jpg

6_set.jpg

This pipe looks so majestic, I'd never want to smoke it. In fact, the whole set is so stately, I'd feel guilty smoking them.
4ab_ebony-jpg.3076
Not me, man. I waited almost half a century for the day I could smoke a 4AB. If I were rich, I'd have bought a second set, get a special rack for them, and not smoke them. Looking at them, like I do with the ones I do have, would be awesome.

I must be stupid. I can't find them on the site. I know they're gone, but I was curious about prices. What was the range of prices?

Here's Chuck Stanion's article about the Peterson 4AB. He was kind enough to mention my involvement in the project.
Peterson's 2021 Pipe of the Year: The Iconic 4AB | Smokingpipes.com
I didn’t know until I read it what role you had in this lovely resurrection. We all owe you a debt of gratitude. Just as a billiard seems to me to be the archetypal straight pipe, this has always been for me the same for bents. It’s so nice to have it back, and I hope the swiftness of the sellout sends a message to Peterson that we all very much appreciate them and this shape - and that it’s brought back into regular production.

Natural $420
PSB around $220
Heritage Brown $170
Ebony $180, I think.
Terracotta $240
I’m sort of happy that the one I liked the most (but not by much) was also the least expensive. It helps sell the whole idea to my wife much easier.

I didn’t know until I read it what role you had in this lovely resurrection. We all owe you a debt of gratitude. Just as a billiard seems to me to be the archetypal straight pipe, this has always been for me the same for bents. It’s so nice to have it back, and I hope the swiftness of the sellout sends a message to Peterson that we all very much appreciate them and this shape - and that it’s brought back into regular production.
Mark Irwin and I are working on to convince them of that.

I also described my involvement in the opening post of this thread.