The Replacement Refs

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There quite a few blown calls in that game. But, if you watch the replay closely when the defender hits the ground (down by contact) he and only he has posession of the ball. It isn't until after the wresling in the scrum start that the ball ends up in the receivers hands. It wasn't simultanious possession, at all.

Anywho....if this keeps up I'm going to have to find a new sport to watch.

A lot of people on the message boards I lurk on are coming to that conclusion.

The new NFL keeps exposing what it really is and what really animates it, and peoples' bullshit detectors are going off all over the place.

:face:

scotties22":bbqnm24x said:
Anywho....if this keeps up I'm going to have to find a new sport to watch.
I wish curling was on TV more often than every four years when the Olympics come around (completely serious). I also wish soccer was more readily available without having to subscribe to a ludicrously expensive package of channels (I get Fox Soccer Network, which is nice, but I wish I had more).

Y'all do realize the refs are locked out for
$93,750 per team.

To put that in perspective..
The league minimum wage for a rookie is $390,000.

A little more perspective.

According to Forbes the Average NFL team revenue in 2010 was a tad over $250,000,000. Correct my math if wrong but by truck driver figuring The NFL locked out those money grubbing filthy refs for a tad less than one third of one percent of average revenue.

Roughly the cost of about 700 beers per game, not including preseason or playoffs.

Wilcox & Gannon are saying the negotiations are open and the real refs will be back for week 4..

We will see.

just-too-true-41.jpg

They are back... my numbers were off.. it wasn't 92,750 it was 103,*** per team.. no wonder they locked them out. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Oh and while the players have pensions and the execs have golden parachutes the refs lose their pensions in 5 years.. YAY NFL!!!!