The rumor must be correct !

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monbla256

Reaction score
All you fols have been throwing around the McClelland is closing rumor are right I thin!! I just got 6 tins of their va's and opened them to jar them up and there was NO evidence of catsup in ANY of them !! They must have sold out and somebody else is blending their 'baccy and is not using McC's signature catsup in their blending !! All 6 tins of Virginia Woods had NONE of that wonderful Catsup aroma !! McC surely wouldn't leave out the catsup as it defines their blends. Really a sad day !! :twisted: :twisted:

dolemiike":hwlg48qf said:
on Country Squire Radio, they said they were closing
What is "Country Squire radio" ? Is it some more of all that fae news we hear today ? :twisted: :twisted:

Where is the press release from McC?? They should be forthcoming in an instance like this as they've been stand-up folks in the biz all this time and not prone to hiding behind rumours.

:?:

Cheers,

RR

dolemiike":jpqskupa said:
on Country Squire Radio, they said they were closing
No offense, but I listened to their most recent podcast, the Valentines Day episode, and that’s the exact opposite of what Jon David and Beau said.

dolemiike":smj8550r said:
Hahaha. That's why I have the source. Take it as you will.
As I said "OH a PODAST !! " The definition of veracity in today"s world !! :twisted: :roll:

I would guess your missing McCatsup smell is probably from lack of age. Everyone is so panicked that they're going out of business that they have probably released tins that are younger than normal trying to keep up.

Jim

It was rumored that there were rumors. Generally, a business doesn't go out of business unless it's a real loser, but instead gets sold. Cf. Wilke tobacco, e.g.

Why open a tin to jar it? I can see doing it with one of C&D's suspect blend but not McClelland. :shock:

daveinlax":kj55yl1x said:
Why open a tin to jar it? I can see doing it with one of C&D's suspect blend but not McClelland. :shock:  
Perhaps he wears suspenders AND a belt.

Threads and conversations like this sure can't be of help, or positive in any way, for them. Patience and sshhhhhh...

Richard Burley":phu9yq3k said:
It was rumored that there were rumors. Generally, a business doesn't go out of business unless it's a real loser, but instead gets sold. Cf. Wilke tobacco, e.g.
I've known Mike and Mary long enough to know that they wouldn't sell to anyone unless they were 100% sure that the quality wouldn't suffer.

Russ