The sad and neglected #2...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idlefellow

Reaction score
Another 70's era pipe (then again, most of mine are!); this one is stamped "Made in London England" and "Town Crier Select" (Town Crier was a local newsstand/tobacco shop, long gone).  No idea who made it, although I swear I've seen this shape by one of the good English makers.  I took it along over the weekend while tossing some flies, and I grabbed a bag of Diebel's Kentucky Broad Cut.  If you don't know Diebel's Sportsman's Gallery in Kansas City, it's a really neat tobacconist/gift shop on the Plaza.

The bag has lain dormant for some time, and was recently re-hydrated.  It was gifted to me by a chum, and since he favors really sweet aromatics I don't think I gave it much of a go, if at all;I don't know much about the bend - Burley of course, but I don't know what else - and Diebels' website doesn't seem to have descriptions of their tobaccos.  As the name implies it's rather rough cut, and has a nice nutty smell in the pouch.

I was surprised; I really liked it - so much in fact that I did something I rarely do: I knocked out the ash and refilled the pipe for another smoke almost immediately after finishing the first.  Mild and smooth, and VERY cool and dry burning, even outdoors.  Nutty Burley flavor, and something else that I couldn't place.  I'm going to contact Diebel's to see if I can find out; this is one I might like to get more of!

002_zpsdini9xvg.jpg

" I knocked out the ash and refilled the pipe for another smoke almost immediately after finishing the first. "

I love when that happens. Very nice pipe by the way.

I like the theme of these threads. It's good to get reacquainted with old friends.