the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Well here we are...round number two.

I have to say that you guys really ponied up to the bar. The first round, with Kyle as target, was worthy not only of this fine site...but the character, generosity and semi-restrained humor of it's members. Sincere kudos and congrats all around.

But that's old news. Now it's time to get started on setting up the next round. So here's what we're going to do:

How to be Involved in Round Two of the Bob Bomber Hi-Jinks:

1. Send Blackhorse a PM saying you want to do Round Two...it's just that simple!

2. There isn't any number two...all you have to do is PM Blackhorse.

3. Did I mention PM'ing Blackhorse? Okay. Nuff said.

Basic BoB Bomber Guidelines (now for the fine print):

1. This Bob Bomber thing was always intended to be a long term situation...a monthly thing. So when you sign up you're essentially saying that you agree to part of a long term hitch...in essence, ON the duty roster until you formally request to be transferred out of the squadron.

2. You also are agreeing to accept mission assignments from the Squadron Commander. That would be ME. It is my intention, on a monthly basis, to throw some kind of monkey wrench into the works...just to bring home the sordid fact of life that NO ONE is safe and life isn't always FAIR. So aspects of targeting and secrecy and whatnot are decided, using input from any and all concerned, by the Central Command.

3. By signing up you acknowledge that you have exactly the same rights and privilages as the bomber pilots to which you pretend...in other words, none whatsoever. lol Just funnin' with y'all there. Actually, your rights and privilages are many and varied...and I'll certainly get back to you on that, as soon as I can think up what they might be.

4. Above all, you agree to take part in this semi-official activity of BoB in the spirit in which it was conceived, designed and implemented. This is a vehicle by which we honor service, reward good acts, welcome new recruits, etc., etc., etc. As such...and this should be obvious...we expect a certain standard of behavior...in other words verbal fragging is not allowed, and may lead to formal charges and a summary court marshal. Also, being a pain in the ass is also disallowed. I'm only really saying this so bluntly so that Kyle knows he can't get away with his typical character assassinations, etc. :lol:

Just so you all know...during the actual mission last time, three additional pilots requested to sign on to the squadron. I asked them to PM me during the set-up for the second round...that time is now...so go ahead.

And so...the rest of you as well:

If after seeing how the first month's event played out and reading the above, you want to re-enlist for a 'regular tour of duty' as a member of the BoB Bombers...what did I tell you to do again?

PM Me!

Blackhorse, cryptic messages and unclear instructions as usual. :roll: :lol:

Some words of experiential, additional advice: this is a FUN event, for everyone involved, and is only as good as the folks who participate--considering the folks here, 'nuff said. :D Aim carefully and strike hard, Bombers. 8)

Let's do this. :twisted:

Kyle was just a warm-up mission... I truly feel sorry for the next guy :bom:

Reporting for Duty!

benny_hill_717.jpg" style="width: 296;height: 296

Well, it would seem that the "O Club" has been supplied with movies and such to watch while waiting for orders. Excellent!

At this point, we have TEN signed.

So - that begs the question...who's next?

And Part TWO:

Those who have signed up for the second round are hereby authorized to submit their WWII Vintage Pin-Up gal for section by the Squadron as our official 'Tail Art'...um, thing. We will be having it re-configured to reflect the Squadron's identity and post it up for download...hopefully by PM so it will remain exclusive. In addition, as 'Fearless Leader' I want one of those BoB Bomber Jackets!!!!!

Image Bob Crane in the Blacksheep thing of long ago TV Land.

Image the target...Sgt. Schultz in the Nazi Proson Camp thing of TV Land, also long ago.

(I'll get around to it)

Oh shit I didn't realize we signed up individually each month....I thought this was like once you're in you're in. Like if you tried to get out you'd be wearing cement shoes or something

Blackhorse":cjmchhru said:
What's the patch on her right shoulder...maybe a unit insignia?
BH, it looks like an Army Air Corp patch.

Also, I stand by my earlier submission of George Petty’s image* (which then used on the nose of the Memphis Bell). That said, I am enjoying all of the art as it is posted.

*Though, I am working on an original illustration.

Boxerbuddy - please read #1 in the guidelines at the top of the page.

(Doesn't anyone ever read anything???)

And the REST of you yahoos - you can stop gloating with that "Yeah, well I read that stuff" attitude. Your time will come...you'll screw up. I can guarantee it...mark my words...

And then there's the strawberries! Ahh, but the strawberries that's... that's where I had them. They laughed at me and made jokes but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt and with... geometric logic... that a duplicate key to the wardroom icebox DID exist, and I'd have produced that key if they hadn't...if they...um, what movie is this again?

Blackhorse":lfmhg2j0 said:
Boxerbuddy - please read #1 in the guidelines at the top of the page.

(Doesn't anyone ever read anything???)

And the REST of you yahoos - you can stop gloating with that "Yeah, well I read that stuff" attitude. Your time will come...you'll screw up. I can guarantee it...mark my words...

And then there's the strawberries! Ahh, but the strawberries that's... that's where I had them. They laughed at me and made jokes but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt and with... geometric logic... that a duplicate key to the wardroom icebox DID exist, and I'd have produced that key if they hadn't...if they...um, what movie is this again?

The Caine Mutiny, Captain Queeg

That being answered I hope you know that I have been a smart assed knowit all from 13- 19. then true eductation happend once I hit 20 and realized I don't know jack shit about anything. so then I worked on just being a smart ass, according to another thread upon this board I have reached beyond expert level on that :twisted: Now it seems between working 2 jobs and hearing crappy loud music and fart can exaust and general loud exaust all night at the one job I am being prepared for being a grump ass expert :cheers:

On to other things now, The war birds are prepared ( as I have many for different mission needs) , my bomb shelter prepared for my eventual screw up, and other plans are in the works for future bombings. Ready for orders sir!