The Secret to Longevity

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipemaker

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
Jeanne Calment, the french woman who lived to 122, the oldest age verified in modern records, enjoyed a glass of port a day, two pounds of chocolate a week, and smoked to the age of 117.

From Associated Press

Speculation is that the increase in the French tobacco tax is what finally caused her demise.

Mike B.

I know a regular pipe smoker who's 95 years young. (My mother-in-laws uncle). He bought a new refrigerator last week and purchased a 5 year Maintenance Agreement. Talk about optimistic.!

All I know is that I'm going down with a pipe in my mouth.

I knew there was a reason I started smoking a pipe, to get me to my goal of 100 years.

Why in the world would anyone want to live to 100?
All your buddies are dead, most of your kids probably die off before you, maybe even a few grandkids. you probably have eye sight, hearing, and dexterity issues, even if you have 'perfect health' you have bowel and bladder control issues.. Athritus messing with every joint in your body.. Screw that.

puros_bran":8vhxqb7f said:
So you can be a crotchetey pain in the ass to everyone else of course. :lol:

I like to think that enjoying life is more about what goes on in your head and your heart than what goes on in your bowels or your bladder PB. ;) :D :cheers:

Which is why I pointed out your buddies would be dead, most of your kids would be dead, probably some of your grandbabys would be dieing off.. doesn't sound appealing to me.

puros_bran":hjn3row2 said:
Which is why I pointed out your buddies would be dead, most of your kids would be dead, probably some of your grandbabys would be dieing off.. doesn't sound appealing to me.
PB .... true to form again brother!!! :lol!: :lol!:

puros_bran":m50n2vfj said:
Most of my buddies have always kinda been jerkoffs anyway, and kids always seemed like more trouble than they are worth. If you ask me, it sounds like life would just be starting to get good!

puros_bran":bioqxjl6 said:
All your buddies are dead, most of your kids probably die off before you, maybe even a few grandkids. you probably have eye sight, hearing, and dexterity issues, even if you have 'perfect health' you have bowel and bladder control issues.. Athritus messing with every joint in your body.. Screw that.
Don't worry, with Obamacare, none of us will make it to 75!!!!! :p

PB, I don't know how you manage to remain such a cock-eyed optimist in this cynical world! :scratch:

"A census in Indonesia has identified a 157-year old woman named Turinah of South Sumatra – if true, she can claim to be the oldest living being on Earth. She is reportedly born in 1853 and has a 108-year old adopted daughter. Turinah speaks Dutch fluently, works in her house, has clear memory, undisturbed sight and no problems of hearing – she loves to smoke clove cigarettes. The only authentic record of anyone crossing 120 years of age was a Frenchwoman Jeanne Calment who died in 1997 at the age of 122"

Source-Clove cigs

Back to the question.....Secret to longevity???

Faster horses, younger women, older whisky, and more money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol!: :cheers: FTRPLT

Plus, of course, lots of well-aged tobacco and great pipes to smoke it in!!!!!!!!!!!!

ftrplt":nnqyy204 said:
Back to the question.....Secret to longevity???

Faster horses, younger women, older whisky, and more money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol!: :cheers: FTRPLT

Plus, of course, lots of well-aged tobacco and great pipes to smoke it in!!!!!!!!!!!!
FTRPLT for BOB President!!!!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

puros_bran":tw3q0uix said:
I want to see 3 centuries. I was born in the 20th, plan to live throughout the 21st, then see the very beginning of the 22nd. Oh how much will change! Though it means to plan for retirement is retarded cuz' going 40 years after the initial 65th birthday isn't possible. I'll simply con people convinced I'll die within the next 5 years and have them pay me until I die in exchange to get my house or something after I pass. A woman actually did this, a guy came to her to pay her 500 a month in order to get her house after she passed but he passed years and years before she did and because of the terms his wife still had to pay her!