The solace of a pipe

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vaperfavour

Reaction score
The solace of a pipe. a thought. I recently went through the divorce of a lifetime. it has occupied most of the last two years of my life and it is over. Thank god! as i watched my life slowly disolve away from me the only solace i had was my pipe! when i lost my house i could have buried myself in depression and heartache, but my pipe was always there for me, my only perceived friend at the time, my little handwarmer my friend that whispered through puffs of smoke your better off this way, you'll see!" my pipe, my friend when the courts took away a mans best friend, my dog, my pipe said through a nicotene haze, "you dont need a dog, not really, you have me!" my pipe, my little briar friend, my solace, you have saved my life. i can only hope all of you who read this have a little solace like mine!!! :sunny:

Sorry to hear you had to go through that!

Been there done that and it is not fun at all. It will definitely test a man's resolve!

We had two dogs and the ex got one of them that was really hers anyway. Her taking my old companion dog would have been over my dead body court or no court!

The lady I am married to now understands not to even think about keeping my dog if she decided to leave.

I've decided that because I cannot comment on your particular situation in a civil manner, I'll just say that I'm glad they didn't take away your pipes too.

well, she even tried that!!!!!!! the argument was that i acquired them during the marriage, i should sell them and give her half!! :affraid:

Having been through a divorce of my own, I can understand the solace you found in your pipes. Now that the divorce is over, your pipes will be your friends as you build your new life. Always remember this: Things will get better. That bit of knowledge got me through the darkest days...and life did get a whole lot better. Best of luck.

The foulest interaction between my X and I occurred during '97. As we had nothing but debt when we separated, there wasn't much to fight over. But child support is no joke, very necessary, but financially the equal to all the income from a part-time job.

Good luck! It will get better, especially once the acrimony that one harbors goes away. Anger will eat your shorts.