The Soul of Osaka Udon

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Wife and daughter out for a movie and lunch. Got the kitchen and dishes all done…cooktop gleaming perfectly…black sink and scrubbed and pristine. Now I’m sitting cause I damn near jacked my back out earlier and I have to be really careful. So I started watching YouTube on TV. One thing feeds in after another and I’m not paying much attention. Then I realize I’ve been staring at this video of a Japanese restaurant in Osaka. It started with them opening the pkace up in the morning and follows as they prep food, make broths, homemade udon noodles, rice, veggies, chicken, etc., etc., etc. Then they open and it shifts to them working through putting meals together on order…always focused back in the kitchen with the cooks. I was mesmerized. It was like a choreographed dance. No English. Very few subtitles. The ingredients, the methods, the gear, and the FOOD they were putting out. I almost bought a plane ticket to Osaka. I really recommend watching this.