The stepchild of Italian pipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnbanjo

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
When Caminetto ceased operations the three main carvers went their respective ways, Ascorti and Radice went on to found pipe companies under their own name and Enzo Galluzo went on to found the Capitello Pipe Company.

Capitello was the first Italian pipe company to oil cure their briar. It's hard to believe this beautiful Capitello Gotico I'm keeping smokey with some 5 y/o Esoterica Tilbury was once a Vergin finish. It was the first pipe I ever purchased with that finished being told by someone with much more experience than I who told me it would color much like a Meerschaum does.

Although I was skeptical about what he'd told me nearly 30 years of keeping it smokey has proven him right because the pipe has never had Wax applied or been buffed but it is simply a beauty to behold in my eyes.

Unfortunately Capitello ran into financial difficulties and faded away which is too bad since their pipes were on par with Castello even passing their parent company Caminetto by a wide margin, if you can find one buy it you won't regret it.
banjo

36655047450_f5fbc3b428_z_d.jpg

Rande,
I own a Savinelli smooth Billiard Pipe made from Vergin briar. Has 9 fills, not a high grade pipe but it's in my regular rotation because it's an excellent smoking pipe. The color is now dark chocolate after more than 700 smokes. It's FUGLY from the light color fills but it smokes far superior than my Eltang!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!