The Strangestest Pipe You Own?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dock

Reaction score
Here's Mine.it's a 1970's Benner freehand.To give you an idea of size there's a Dunhill Grp 4 billiard next to it in the first pic! It's never been smoked and was bought from Judd Perlson a few years ago.

***HAS ANYONE EVER SEEN ONE OF THESE BEFORE?***I THINK IT MAY HAVE BEEN MADE AS A DISPLAY OR SOMETHING***

OddPipe001.jpg

OddPipe002.jpg

OddPipe003.jpg

Best,
Dock
:pipe:

Dock, that's hard to beat :lol:

Here is one that my wife brought me from Nova Scotia a couple years ago...

(click to enlarge)

Obvious Dutch influence... a wee bit smaller than a corn cob.

:D Paul

D.J. Perry":twh75yky said:
Here's Mine.it's a 1970's Benner freehand.
Freehand, now there's an understatement! :D :D

Cool pipe though! :pipe:

Puff Daddy":1etrp295 said:
Looks like a shoe horn gone bad :lol:
:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

Here's a pic of the second strangest pipe in my collection.It's an uber looooong candian done by the SHPC's resident pipe carver Timothy Hynick(known here as progcat) It's roughly 16' long!...

car009.jpg

car008.jpg

Best,
Dock

Dock, that first pipe just left me speechless; it's no freehand. It is a libertarian-hand. I've seen organic shapes before, but that one takes all the prizes.

Is that 16-inch Canadian cut from one block of briar? Hosanna! That would be one gigantissimo burl from which your pipe was carved. No wonder it is rusticated. It wouldn't fit in most sandblasting cabinets.

What possesses you to acquire these (ahem) pipes?

I have got to ask the same question.........is that 16" canadian cut from the same burl???!!!!

ZuluCollector":ayk64bus said:
Dock, that first pipe just left me speechless; it's no freehand. It is a libertarian-hand. I've seen organic shapes before, but that one takes all the prizes.

Is that 16-inch Canadian cut from one block of briar? Hosanna! That would be one gigantissimo burl from which your pipe was carved. No wonder it is rusticated. It wouldn't fit in most sandblasting cabinets.

What possesses you to acquire these (ahem) pipes?
Z.C.

The more I look at the freehand the more I'm convinced that it's asian inspired.It's got an almost Bonsai tree feel...

As for the canadian,No unfortunately it's not one piece of wood. It's spliced a few inches past the bowl...

The freehand was bought simply because it was different.The canadian actually get's smoked.I've got 37" long arms! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best,
Dock

I also think my new Mike Brissett could be classified as "sTrAnGe" :lol:

DevilsSpawn001.jpg

Best,
Dock

D.J. Perry":1fznqlsn said:

DevilsSpawn001.jpg

Best,
Dock
Dock,

I was wondering who would get the "Devils Spawn"!

Glad you got it. It will be a fine smoker and no doubt a great conversation piece!

I just hope that it doesn't have some intrepid curse on it! :shock: :lol:

D.J. Perry":br9q0ihk said:

DevilsSpawn001.jpg

Best,
Dock
My daughter's sitting next to me playing her Nitendo DS - she looked up at your pipe and said "Whoa! That's one WEIRD pipe!! - I have to say I agree with here. Mike, what were you drinking?
icon_lol.gif

Happy puffin'
Meer
icon_flower.png

pipemaker":1zximymz said:
Meer,

That's what happens when you stop drinking.

Mike
Mike are you sure it wasn't all of the candle burning and chanting!?

D.J. Perry":6c42hqac said:
Here's Mine.it's a 1970's Benner freehand...

***HAS ANYONE EVER SEEN ONE OF THESE BEFORE?***I THINK IT MAY HAVE BEEN MADE AS A DISPLAY OR SOMETHING***
What a horror - never seen anything like it. By the way, neither has Benner! Can you post a pic of the stamping?

Cheers, Jesper

jesperff":5kjipql5 said:
D.J. Perry":5kjipql5 said:
Here's Mine.it's a 1970's Benner freehand...

What a horror - never seen anything like it. By the way, neither has Benner! Can you post a pic of the stamping?

Cheers, Jesper
Sure,

I'll take a pic or two tonight...

Best,
Dock

Here is my strangest pipe. I have had this pipe forever, as it was once owned by my grandfather. There is no doubt that this pipe is at least 70+ years old and probably much older. The only marking on the pipe is "Made In Italy". My grandfather, well my father as well, were born in Italy. I do not know for sure, I can only assume that it was brought to this country by my grandfather.

Johnny

mvc-0029.jpg

mvc-0030.jpg

mvc-0031.jpg

mvc-0032.jpg