The Victorinox Alox Electrician

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
I just ordered and received this “Electrician “ via a Amazon Prime. Handle scales are Alox (aluminum). The quality, fit, finish, heavy gauge of the steel, everything, is the best I have ever seen. The main blade is twice the gauge as the one on my new EvoGrip 18. The reamer is long, sharply pointed and very sharp.  The cap lifter is super heavy duty too.  And of course the sweet, stubby little sheepsfoot blade...lovely. This is the SAK that I’ve always dreamed of...made to work longer and harder than I’ll ever need it to...and eventually it’ll go to a great grandson.  Highest recommendation.

I like that, BH. It's got a kind of 'space' feel to it. If Armstrong and buddies were to pull a pen knife out of their pockets whilst on the moon, this would have been it.

I believe that is the same situation as the Camillus US, all steel military issue pocket knife. Or does that have a can opener instead of a screwdriver? And not a sheepsfoot either, but just a smaller blade. I have one. I sometimes carry it, but I'm having a brain fart at the moment. Simple is good.

Ok, so Mr BH sowed this seed over a year ago now and it’s been burning a hole in my under-crackers ever since.

I lent a classic SAK to my son last year for a Scout camp and it never came back. Poor lad was gutted and it left me without my EDC. I liked it as it wasn’t too hefty and, being a slimmer model, it fitted into a pocket well.

So, with a knife down and being that I’d be outside more now the summer’s here, I got to thinking about replacing the lost one. And then I remembered this post which was the first time I’d seen an Alox.

I went for the Pioneer; main blade, bottle opener, can opener and a reamer. I have to say I’m delighted with it. Great quality, bomb proof, and is still slim in the pocket.

Thanks Mr BH!

That's a great looking knife. It's hard to beat a Victorinox.

Love Swiss Army knives. I've been thinking about adding something similar to the collection. I need another pocket knife like I need a hole in the head.

Blackhorse":qzmbmwha said:
The seductive “Farmer X”

Pioneer “Harvester” in green Alox

A deep pocket clip for any 91mm model - found on ETSY

...oh stop it, you tease!

fXLtTaPl.jpg