The worm turned a bit

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Slashdot.Com":8tbwbee6 said:
"The Obama administration has quietly notified insurers that a computer system glitch will limit penalties that companies may charge smokers under the new healthcare law. The underlying reason for the limitation is another provision in the health care law that says insurers can't charge older customers more than three times what they charge the youngest adults in the pool. The government's computer system has been unable to accommodate the two. So younger smokers and older smokers must be charged the same penalty, or the system will kick it out. A fix will take at least a year to put in place."

Had me fairly concerned when I first heard it, but from what I understand it means that a smoker over 65 will pay 14k per year while a non smoker would pay 9k (if on the government insurance)

I do not smoke cigarettes, and feel it is no business of my insurance company should I desire a pipe. Until they start blood testing of course :)